coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 26d Posted 16/10/08 06:35 AM Author Posted 16/10/08 06:35 AM yes, 4.11 makes you lightning off the mark but top end is effected.
jared87 Member 85 Member For: 18y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Gympie Posted 16/10/08 07:13 AM Posted 16/10/08 07:13 AM (edited) I went from 3.45 to 3.73 with my 5 spd manual and I havent noticed any difference in the fuel economy. It is a lot beter to drive with the lower ratio so much more acceleration. I cant be certain but I would think 4.11 might be too low to have as a daily driver, I could be wrong though. Mine is a turbo though I didnt realise we were talking about N/A Edited 16/10/08 07:16 AM by jared87
coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 26d Posted 16/10/08 08:53 AM Author Posted 16/10/08 08:53 AM yeah alot of the people who have spoken have turbo's but, in theory it should be the same, if the lower ratio doesnt effect fuel economy on a turbo I should think it wouldnt have a totally different effect on an na.
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 13d Posted 16/10/08 10:52 AM Posted 16/10/08 10:52 AM With a turbo, I wouldn't go 4.11's as you want to build boost, shorter ratios won't help that. Going to 3.73 from 3.45 will give you better acceleration in a turbo because you will launch better (on the street) without having to be on boost.With the 4.11's in my NA6, the fuel economy went up a little bit, but mainly because I was giving it more of a caning. Top speed is reduced, but I could still hit 190kph. How fast do you need to go?Here is a 0-100kpm video of my NA6...
coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 26d Posted 16/10/08 11:37 AM Author Posted 16/10/08 11:37 AM I must say, that acceleration looks mighty tempting doogstar...
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 13d Posted 16/10/08 12:01 PM Posted 16/10/08 12:01 PM My NA6 would beat my turbo off the line, of course my turbo would catch and pass it pretty quickly once the boost kicked in but at traffic light acceleration tests, it was a monster.
Azzman460 Azzman Member 223 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/10/08 08:57 PM Posted 16/10/08 08:57 PM Have you done any other major mods to your NA6 Doogstar? like cams or head work or anything?
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 13d Posted 16/10/08 09:08 PM Posted 16/10/08 09:08 PM Well its back to stock now as I am going to sell it. But it had 4.11's, 3000rpm Hi-stall, Extractors and Exhaust, BPR Airbox, Underdrive and custom tune. It was unopened, next stage was cams and headwork but I decided at that point that I was better off to go turbo.
Azzman460 Azzman Member 223 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/10/08 11:16 PM Posted 16/10/08 11:16 PM ah yes fair enough then, enjoying the turbo more than the NA?
coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 26d Posted 17/10/08 01:03 AM Author Posted 17/10/08 01:03 AM only 2 years till I can drive turbo :( well, might be able to just drop a better engine in there by then, fg turbo engine maybe.. or maybe just buy an fg if my loan is paid off by then, probs the easier way to go.. but they look stupid.but I know a fair few guys who prefer to make power out of their n/a rather than a turbo, due to the challenge. its to easy to make power out of a turbo.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now