neo Member 376 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: The Ville Posted 08/10/08 11:04 AM Posted 08/10/08 11:04 AM (edited) I went over my dads tonight and we got pizza you know the crap stuff that's cheap. we took 2 large pizzas home to eat and my dad noticed something I had not. he said did the box's get bigger or the pizza smaller.I looked at the pizza's and I had a think back a few years ago when we use to get pizza and it would fill the box. the pizza I get most the time are from the local Pizza shop they cost a lot more but there real Pizza's and also Large.so I was thinking did the old pizza fill the box and have they slowly been making them smaller or am I imaging things?so I bring it to you the people to vote on this issue. Edited 08/10/08 11:07 AM by neo
Guest Guests Posted 08/10/08 11:13 AM Posted 08/10/08 11:13 AM Definitely smaller & the bases are sh*thouse!I never go to Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Eagle Boys etc cause the pizzas are rubbish & taste like cardboard! The smaller family owned pizza joints are the go for sure... Pay a little extra but get a whole lot more & good quality :ladysman:
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 08/10/08 11:24 AM Posted 08/10/08 11:24 AM what he said. Give the chains a miss. For me it is always quality over quantity.Actually had a Bella Vista special for din dins tonight. Light crispy base, topped with king prawns, peperoni, mushrooms, capsicum,pineapple and chillies. Delicious as always. Even with generous toppings the base is never soggy and holds it's form
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/10/08 11:28 AM Posted 08/10/08 11:28 AM whaat they saidmumma and pappa pizzeria's are the goI have a cracker near my house.had a large tonight which is really a medium as above it is family then party lol
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 08/10/08 11:38 AM Posted 08/10/08 11:38 AM The chain pizza stores are sh*te, unfortunately that's all I've got around here :ladysman:
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 08/10/08 12:48 PM Posted 08/10/08 12:48 PM smaller pizza bigger box (which is probably tastier) don't eat it these days but the offspring do
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 08/10/08 01:18 PM Posted 08/10/08 01:18 PM I work in a pizza shop (a local one not a chain) and occasionaly get "fake" pizza on my days off... only because I like it. its definatly getting smaller
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 08/10/08 07:59 PM Posted 08/10/08 07:59 PM I agree.. the chain pizza is rubbish.. there are some awsome iltallion pizza shops around me that make some of the most beautifulest pizza I have eva eaten! rather pay lil bit more for something that isnt going to mae u feel like crap afterwards.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Location: Perth WA Posted 08/10/08 10:57 PM Posted 08/10/08 10:57 PM for price and convenience you cant beat plastic pizza IMOalthough independant shops are way better in the quality stakes..I guess it depends who im hanging with at the time, drinkin acquaintences get plastic, family and stoner crew get quality hahaha
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 7d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 09/10/08 05:49 AM Posted 09/10/08 05:49 AM Definitely smaller & the bases are sh*thouse!Yeap, that happened about the same time as they brought in their classic (or medium) crusts... I think they turned the temp of the ovens down, and are now relying to much on their hot boxes to finish the job, which doesn't work.I once had an argument with an untrained monkey at a chain store that I wanted the pizza cooked properly. He asked me what I meant and I showed him raw dough in the middle, he then complained loudly about doing extra work.I have had (at the same store, I don't go there any more) received a pizza which was raw again in the middle (I only noticed it after taking a bite), and I called them up when I got back home and explained to them about the raw pizza. Their suggestion was "cook it your damn self".As for pizza's getting smaller, I don't know how the chains get away with calling a medium anywhere else a large pizza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now