Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I wasn't allowed to drive a big V8 when I was on my Ps, so nobody else should be allowed too!!!

Instead, I had fun driving around dirt roads in a little 4 speed manual corolla. That's where I learnt to drive.

  • Sexy Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick, VIC
Posted

I also forgot to add that this law does NOT include turbo diesel vehicles...

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Depends on the driver really. When I first got my P's I bough my 285kw VY Clubby and nothing happend to me, I lernd alot of lessons in that, then I got a T for work (when I was still on my P's) and nothing happend then ethier. Now that im off my P's don't see anything diffrent. Buts at the end of the day comes down to the driver, If the driver wants to go about it wrong and not properly ( like doing it at the motorplex etc) then that's them taking there life in there own hands. What most people don't understand when they do stupid sh*t if to make sure no one else gets hurt

Posted

I don't think there'd be too many P platers running round in Lotus' though Kieran!

This law is a joke anyway. It doesn't take a car that can accelerate quickly to get in trouble... It takes a car that can do 80km/hr & above without proper safety equipment. That applies to 90% of cars on the road.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

Too true. Realistically we need better driver training across the board, as well as better roads to drive on. I also belwive we should have a tiered licencing system (just like in trucks) where you have to qualify to to drive certain levels of cars. Just cause you have a heap of dough, doesn't mean you can handle a Lambo.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 17d
Posted

personally. I think tmac is out to annoy every driver on the roads... people are crashing coz they drive like morons. having a different license system wont stop them from driving like morons, there was a crash involving a civic driving 180km/hr at viccy point the other night, that was a civic, he didnt die. but that's not the point. that car can go that fast, if you can afford a lambo and wanna drive like a retard and crash it then you can learn lessons the hard way, limiting power for p platers was a rediculous idea and as you can tell by the numbers of deaths on roads it also hasnt helped. banning motorbikes would be a better soloution to stopping deaths on roads.

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
personally. I think tmac is out to annoy every driver on the roads... people are crashing coz they drive like morons. having a different license system wont stop them from driving like morons, there was a crash involving a civic driving 180km/hr at viccy point the other night, that was a civic, he didnt die. but that's not the point. that car can go that fast, if you can afford a lambo and wanna drive like a retard and crash it then you can learn lessons the hard way, limiting power for p platers was a rediculous idea and as you can tell by the numbers of deaths on roads it also hasnt helped. banning motorbikes would be a better soloution to stopping deaths on roads.

Why is that? I can tell you. Its because morons in cars think they own the road and have no coutesy, mate you have joined a car enthusiest forum and you set about having a shot a bikes. Well go a head this is how governments do it divide and conquer. Now f*ck of dweeb.

scotty

  • Like 1
  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted

Dunno about this one, but if there is a 125kw limit or something... the ST/XR5 are well over that at 166kw stock....

there goes that idea!

but like I said know nothing about this rule....

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Ville
Posted

I know a chick from work on P's with a turbo mazda 3 but it is diesel

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 17d
Posted
Why is that? I can tell you. Its because morons in cars think they own the road and have no coutesy, mate you have joined a car enthusiest forum and you set about having a shot a bikes. Well go a head this is how governments do it divide and conquer. Now f*ck of dweeb.

scotty

f*ck off fool, was stating my opinion. bikes cause a sh*tload of accidents. all coz you get the fools deciding their impatient and going in between cars. meanwhile the car decides to change lanes and hits the bike. Bad luck to bike rider, he should pay more attention cars are alot bigger than him. fck I hate arrogant pricks like you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...