Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
The boss admitted it to me and has just got off the phone to me. I have to admit, he has been pretty good about it and will be paying for the towbar and any problems that have incurred because of what the little snotty nose did. Trust me, the young bloke will be in some strife in the morning, that I can assure you. It proves how stupid he is...I wouldn't have admitted to anything ! I filled it straight up with 98 and you can already tell the difference. I just hope that no damage has been done.

well there u have it, I thought maybe the towbar was dragging allong the ground but yea!!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Mate I'd get it in writing from the boss of that place what has happened and perhaps a statement saying they will warrant any fuel system/engine related problems for a fixed period. You don't want to find out in a couple of years time it caused a problem. I don't know myself if E10 can cause damage to a T, but I'm pretty sure it is not listed as a recommended fuel to use in the owners manual. Also ring 13FORD and ask them if E10 is usable in the T. If they say do not use it, then definitely get the letter from the boss. If the guy baulks then just do an online complaint to Fair Trading, works wonders believe me.

Ben

Posted

:stupid:

I'd be getting something in writing cause if something goes bang in 6 months, chances are he'll deny everything & you'll have to foot the bill :idunno:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albury, NSW
Posted

that's really sh*t to hear that your ute was used like that, I dont know if I could leave mine anywhere without actually being there. E10 goes in the new turbos but maybe there made for it? they still recommend 98 for best power and economy.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
well there u have it, I thought maybe the towbar was dragging allong the ground but yea!!!

And I thought geez, I better not put on that towbar cause it just might phuck up my turbo

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 15d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Ive put ethanol blended fuel in ages ago and never a problem, the fuel was that SHELL V POWER RACING 100, nice fuel but not for everyday.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire Sydney AUS
Posted
The boss admitted it to me and has just got off the phone to me. I have to admit, he has been pretty good about it and will be paying for the towbar and any problems that have incurred because of what the little snotty nose did. Trust me, the young bloke will be in some strife in the morning, that I can assure you. It proves how stupid he is...I wouldn't have admitted to anything ! I filled it straight up with 98 and you can already tell the difference. I just hope that no damage has been done.

mate get over it !!!, the apprentice putting fuel in! that is unheard of.... good on him ....YOU are lucky IF he did not Cain the f*ck out of it...

You say the car is bog stock if so don't worry about it, put some 98 in all it will be fine and it will be like before. the knock sensors do good job of determining how much timing to pull out on a factory tune if it did ping with ethanol blend! ethanol aint as bad you think ...

shell 100 was 5% ethanol blend .. supposedly the best fuel out of a pump ! provided you have a tune to suit .

pete :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...