nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 12/09/08 02:40 AM Posted 12/09/08 02:40 AM I'd prefer to see more of these around instead of kodak flash for cash machines... although this is just the start of an Orwellian wet dream for the authorities!!
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 16/09/08 12:02 PM Posted 16/09/08 12:02 PM Hey Turbo Boy, its been explained that this camera is to check number plates to identify stolen, check number plates agains warrants etc. I am all for being a dick, but for f*cks sake read before posting, because my son look like a knob, its got nothing to do with revenue raising.ScottyAutomatic number plate recognition - ANPRInitially intended for detecting stolen cars but they dont usually pull over and stop for some reason, though by far it detects unregistered vehicles and an absolute sh!t load of them. So in one way it actually does raise a lot of money as unregistered in this State is quite steep.I.B.
RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 16/09/08 01:13 PM Posted 16/09/08 01:13 PM Hey Turbo Boy, its been explained that this camera is to check number plates to identify stolen, check number plates agains warrants etc. I am all for being a dick, but for f*cks sake read before posting, because my son look like a knob, its got nothing to do with revenue raising.Scotty Ok, so we have redlight cameras for detecting the obvious.....safetycam to detect truckies and speed cameras for revenue rai/...sorry.....speed detection..... I reckon these ones should be called "idiot" cameras...because they detect idiots...... Warrants, Unregistered, Unlicenced type idiots......
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 17/09/08 05:39 AM Posted 17/09/08 05:39 AM that's the second time warrants has come up here but cars dont have warrants for there arrest. Remember it only reads the plates not your licence sitting in your back pocket as you go past at 100Kph.I.B.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 17/09/08 06:21 AM Posted 17/09/08 06:21 AM I thought it reads the rego and finds the registered owner, and then checks the owners license for any outstanding warrants or license suspensions ??
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/09/08 10:17 AM Posted 17/09/08 10:17 AM IB you have us on a technicality, but for f*cks sake this is the internet, where logic gives way to blantant attacks, un thought out comments and blatant wankerness, an area where I rule. If you cant beat em join em.Scotty
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 17/09/08 10:51 AM Posted 17/09/08 10:51 AM that's the most honest statement I think ive ever read!I.B.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 17/09/08 10:54 AM Posted 17/09/08 10:54 AM I thought it reads the rego and finds the registered owner, and then checks the owners license for any outstanding warrants or license suspensions ??Only about half right. Company and fleet cars arnt owned by ppl so it wont work, and not everyone a car is registered to is always the driver. The misses, the kids or the best mate are often the drivers of cars they dont own, which again would defeat this function.I.B.
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/09/08 06:59 AM Posted 18/09/08 06:59 AM Does check registered owners of vehicles, licenses and 'whereabouts' if required. Usually has a Police line a few k's down the road, road corps officer radios descriptions and vehicles that are coming down that have been flagged and what for, Police pull in only the cars that get a return. Of course as mentioned above, alot of false calls as other people may be driving, not just the registered driver.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 19/09/08 05:06 AM Posted 19/09/08 05:06 AM A few k's down the road is sure a long way. Maybe the other States are different.I.B.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now