Tyres - For The F6 Rspec (19's)

smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 10d

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used any of the following, and if so, good, bad, or indifferent?

Obviously we got the Dunlop SP Sports Maxx but all gone within 15,000 km... :(

:banghead: :laughing:

Nice rubber, but I think a little too soft. Replacement brand new 245/35ZR 19Y XL @ about $375 each

Bridgestone - S03 looks like a nice patten/tread, but haven't used Bridgestone since my Suby GT when they were fitted as new/stock. Also aroound the $375 each.

Kumho - K31 @ around $230 each

Falken FK452 - @ around $320 each.

Anyways, anyone got any feedback on the above tyres???

:laughing:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

jasper - if u dont mind me asking what size 18 or 19's?

and how much u pay for them?

• Member For: 20y 8m 21d

Smicky,

If you opt for a cheaper tyre you are most likely going to lose performance. Like most things you get what you pay for.

I've had the S03's on previous cars and they are one of the best gripping tyres around but they wont last long at all. I could only manage 20k out of a set. If you do pay a bit more for a tyre, say the Michellin PS2 then they will last longer and still give excellent performance. That's why they cost more.

You might be able to try these new Marangoni Mythos that a few people are running here. Not sure on price but they are grippy from what's been said.

Benny

Edited by Benny

• Member For: 17y 1m 13d

I've got the Kumho KU31's on the front of my car and I havent had a problem with them, when I was getten my car road tuned they seemed to hold up quite good (they were on the back then)!!

My brother just got them on his EF Fairmont Ghia, he now complains he cant spin the wheels in the wet LOL!!

:pinch:

Kuhmo's are a great tyre for the money. I've currently got Sumitomo HRZ?? something or other on all four corners at the moment as they were very cheap at the end of June... Superb in all weather conditions & wear has been very good also :biggrin:

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 19d

I have Marangoni Mythos 19s x 275 x 30 on the rear great tyre so far the car has to work a bit to get them to spin up , not yet sure how they will go in the wet as it has not rained in the last

6 months, so the start of the wet will be interesting.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

Benny, of course $$$ what u get...

I was going to go down the track of Continentals, Michellen, or Pirelli but the guys at the shop know me far to well...

Happy to pay whatever it costs for good stuff, as long as I know it will last and therefore be worth it... But I do let the beast breath now that its over 10thou clicks... and the SP Sports Maxx were a nice tyre but just to soft...

If its still the best buy people have found for the $$$ then ill wack them back on, however thought I would try to find a happy medium...

100$ a tyre last me 10thou, v's 500$ lasting 13thou... ill go get a truck load of the 100$ and rip the sh*t out of them! :mexicanwave:

However if im going to get 20 thou, and the performance that we all crave for 800$ then ill pay the 800... make sense?

:3gears:

Kissy, thanks heaps!

Boys in the shop leaned towards the Kumho also... and have heard from others the Kumho wasn't bad... however never ever had Kumho on any of my cars ever...

Edited by smicky

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 19d

I had Kumho's on a previous car of mine and I haven't been as satisfied with a tyre since, I give them a lot of credit - especially for a Korean product!

• Member For: 21y 4m 18d

After a bit of 'net research I'm thinking of going with some Marangoni Mythos in the same size that you are look for...

Has anbody had some fitted in Melb, I'm having a bit of trouble finding out where I can get some?