blowhard Member 17 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 23/07/03 07:56 AM Posted 23/07/03 07:56 AM August Motor mag - news of Ford's possible introduction of the ZF 6 speed auto into the falcon range (high end models). Good for over 650nm of torque they mention bolting one on behind a supercharged 5.4 V8. Plus a possible warmed up XR6T, and the editors blast around Tassie in the 2003 Targa. It just keeps getting better - doesn't it!!
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 23d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 23/07/03 10:01 PM Posted 23/07/03 10:01 PM Got me all excited there for a minute talking about a map of Tassie... (Ken's been a bit quiet of late so I thought I would take over being smutty for a while).I haven't read the mag but I recall seeing somewhere else that this new trans weighs a ton, surely the BA needs to loose a few kilos rather than have an extra couple of gears (and more kilos)?
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 23/07/03 10:06 PM Posted 23/07/03 10:06 PM ... just leave the filth to the professionals, Falchoon. B) Not retired, just resting ... :hiwelcome:
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 23/07/03 10:23 PM Posted 23/07/03 10:23 PM normally the 6th gear is just a waste of space and weight-just ask any crappodore driver
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 24/07/03 12:18 AM Posted 24/07/03 12:18 AM The magazine actualy says the trans is LIGHTER, stronger & smaller.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 23d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 24/07/03 12:55 AM Posted 24/07/03 12:55 AM Sounds good then. I must of read about a different trans, maybe I was getting confused with rumoured 5 speed.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Location: North Brisbane Posted 24/07/03 01:48 AM Posted 24/07/03 01:48 AM normally the 6th gear is just a waste of space and weight-just ask any crappodore driver Dude, it's an auto with close ratios - not like the Tremec in Expensive Daewoo manuals.It sounds excellent to me. I will be trading in my manual on one as soon as it becomes public consumption! It has to be faster than a five speed manual due to the closer spacings of all ratios and you can't change gears as fast as an auto....
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 24/07/03 01:56 AM Posted 24/07/03 01:56 AM All you true BLUE OVAL T BIRDERS.I urge you to read (Slowly) the story on the two Turbo's in the Tassie Targa. (1 x standard and 1 x enhanced)It'll make you little hearts glad.Let me know if you cant get a'hold of a copy and I'll pop in a few nice quotes.In essence, the overall performance of the "standard" car was bloody fantastic.Mack...
WBT56 Mal Wood Automotive Member 457 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Gender: Male Posted 26/07/03 10:19 AM Posted 26/07/03 10:19 AM normally the 6th gear is just a waste of space and weight-just ask any crappodore driver Waste of weight my arse! The six speed manual in the Late model camira is LIGHTER than the five speed manual in the XR8. And before you start, it is stronger also, so if you use the better ratios of the mustang cobra, it is a better package.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Posted 26/07/03 10:26 AM Posted 26/07/03 10:26 AM I reckon the 6 speed auto will be a waste of time in the performance stakes.... give me a two-speed auto and a 4.1 diff and 12+psi boost from 1500-5500 ... thanks Henry (in anticipation)cheers B)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now