PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 10/09/08 03:26 AM Posted 10/09/08 03:26 AM (edited) This might seem trivial to some, but where is your spare tyre dude! Oh by the way, nice boot liner. Edited 10/09/08 03:27 AM by PHANTMXR6
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 10/09/08 04:11 AM Posted 10/09/08 04:11 AM This might seem trivial to some, but where is your spare tyre dude! Oh by the way, nice boot liner.I have the space saver and it uses less boot space, basically there was a square hole which incidently was the correct size for the box, just over the required cu required for the subs. which is why they are reverse mounted, cant keep spare if I mounted them normally.I have to pry 6 nails to get to it though, I have the pump with the punctor seal thingy anyway so unless its utterly needed I wont attempt to get to the spare
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 10/09/08 04:18 AM Posted 10/09/08 04:18 AM Ah. Makes sense now.
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 17/09/08 04:22 PM Posted 17/09/08 04:22 PM more pics www.photobucket.com/djkice
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 18/09/08 01:11 AM Posted 18/09/08 01:11 AM Not bad mate. Not bad at all.
Guest Guests Posted 18/09/08 01:22 AM Posted 18/09/08 01:22 AM Strathfield, Sunshine MelbourneThey did my install in my EL Fairmont Ghia. Nice guys & really competitive on prices if anyone's looking for a good stereo place... Install was great as well
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 18/09/08 09:15 AM Posted 18/09/08 09:15 AM Looks great. I will be posting pics of my install when its done in the next day or two.. and you get to keep the boot space!
vfast Member 70 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Posted 27/09/08 01:27 PM Posted 27/09/08 01:27 PM Well come on. Where's the update? Pics and specs pls. Cost too!
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 29/09/08 09:08 AM Posted 29/09/08 09:08 AM mine are in the link above.though I am adding an xbox/reverse camera curtiousy of ASL
vfast Member 70 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Posted 02/10/08 05:16 AM Posted 02/10/08 05:16 AM Hi Guys,Well the speaker & AMP upgrade is done and it sounds fantastic. I now have no distortion and have my BASE back. Here are a few pics of the FG rear & A pillar splits and the pioneer AMP under the passenger seat. As you can see the speakers are all 28W. The factory AMP still controls the SUB and now the sub seems to work a lot better than it did. I'm a little happy Vegemite now.Cheers,GregHey Greg / Anyone - little confused about what you did with the sub (I'm not sound expert). In the above post your saying you have replaced the sub but left it running with on the factory amp? If so what sub etc / cost?I'm looking to upgrade mine to get some decent bass (I'm not a basshead but just hate distortion!). My local strathfield quoted me $400 for a Sony 1000watt sub in a enclosure and a cheap ($140) amp to drive it. I'm not sure if this is overkill just for the sub? I'd rather keep the bootspace if I can improve sound quality with just a sub upgrade.If I can do a total speaker upgrade like you did with excellent results for $800 including a sub then that's cool too!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now