senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/07/08 12:35 PM Posted 20/07/08 12:35 PM 10 minutes? are you serious? mine takes 2 mins max BA2
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 20/07/08 12:39 PM Posted 20/07/08 12:39 PM (edited) 10 minutes? are you serious? mine takes 2 mins max BA2Tuner makes a change in Advantage3Program capa flash box from laptop -> 3-4 minutesunplug from laptop, walk over to car and flash car.. 3-4 minutes.. (go time it..)that's for a BA.. a BF only takes approx 1 minute to flash the car.Further to this. the capa flash box does a full erase and full write to the pcm. Hense why it takes so long.As like sniper. I erase calibration block and reprogram that only. Advantage of doing this on a Blackoak pcm (BA) is that the calibration is located on the external flash chip, which is faster.If you watch your capa flash box reflash your BA (blackoak), you will notice the lights move slowly for approx 2minutes. That is the internal flash, 440kb in size. Then when they flash fast for the last minute or so, that's the external 1mb flash.So,given that, the external flash is approx 4 times quicker than the internal flash.In sayning that the SpanishOak pcm has 1024kb of internal flash, and its all fast, hense why they only take approx 1 minute to reflash Edited 20/07/08 12:45 PM by Headsex
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 20/07/08 12:42 PM Posted 20/07/08 12:42 PM Plus they usually get annoyed by a customer inbetween.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/07/08 12:47 PM Posted 20/07/08 12:47 PM (edited) ahhh, the whole thing, I understand... Edited 20/07/08 12:48 PM by senna_T
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 20/07/08 12:53 PM Posted 20/07/08 12:53 PM (edited) If you wanna know more nitty gritty about the processors used look up the following..Blackoak(BA), Freescale PowerPC MPC555Spanishoak(BF), Freescale PowerPC MPC565edit: motorola semi is known as freescale .. Edited 20/07/08 12:57 PM by Headsex
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/07/08 12:58 PM Posted 20/07/08 12:58 PM yeah I was aware of black and spanish, spanishoak is massively more powerful than black, something like 5000 pages of code vs. 300that's what I was told by the boys at FPV a couple of years ago
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 20/07/08 01:11 PM Posted 20/07/08 01:11 PM yeah I was aware of black and spanish, spanishoak is massively more powerful than black, something like 5000 pages of code vs. 300that's what I was told by the boys at FPV a couple of years agoWell to give you a idea.. a BA has 1472kb flash size, and a BF has 1024kb flash size.Obviously BF is smaller, But there is ALOT of empty space in the BA pcm(which you reprogram every time..)Calibration data wise, the BA calibration block is approx 130kb in size, the BF calibration block is approx 262kb in size. pretty much double in size..Double the amount of tables would mean at least 4 times more processing code. As for the xxxx pages of code, I couldnt comment, I would estimate there is something like would be over 300thousand lines of native code such as C or C+ at least.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/07/08 01:15 PM Posted 20/07/08 01:15 PM hmm, I reckon I'll leave the tuning side to the pro's, I'll stick with the driving and breaking bit! Cheers for the info danny
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 20/07/08 01:15 PM Posted 20/07/08 01:15 PM It would have been fun to write.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/07/08 01:24 PM Posted 20/07/08 01:24 PM Whats that, the Spanishoak, or the story of how I blew up my forged motor because I knew f-all about tuning?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now