Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

recently got my turbo back from GCG after destroyin the bearings on it, been drivin round with the new one for a while now, cant afford a tune so been drivin of boost obviously, but last night after a fairly long drive I noticed I light scraping noise comin from my turbo which is amplified by my air intake so I no its the turbo and today on the way to work the same thing, but its not on start up, not on idle, just occasionally when accelerating.. is it fukd again?

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Saywhat
  • Guests
Posted

These things spin pretty fast I dont think they would make a scraping noise.

Maybe its the volume of air rushing through your CAI that makes that sound. Mine does the same thing and has for sometime and it was just tuned and achieved the power in my sig.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra ACT
Posted

Did you clean out or replace the oil supply line filter when you replaced the turbo?

If its blocked with crap, then there's a good chance it stuffed your last turbo, and this one too! They dont last too long without oil supply!

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Yeah mate, I'd definately be sussing that out, or put it back on stock tune if you haven't already

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

yeah it was cleaned out but I would not be suprised if its blocked again, im gunna have to buy one of ETMs braided lines as soon as soon as possible... will not be happy if its shot again... the ford will be gone haha

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 2d
Posted

Hi mate,just replaced a turbo on a customers car last week for the same reason{farked bearings}. When checking all the supply lines and the filter found filter not too bad but the actual oil supply line was blocked solid. Had it in the acid bath over night but was still blocked. Even the oil drain pipe was half blocked. Looked like was due to lack of oil changes and would of happened again if didnt check before fitting new turbo. Have a feel of your turbine shaft for excessive movement.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I just replaced the :stupid: thing, hopefully it has a warrenty, then its out the window iv had enough hahaha

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 16d
Posted

[

Geez mate that's soo unlucky I feel for you.

I once had the problem with the turbo and ford bailed on the warranty but either way when we did the job checked the filter and the feed and return and both were clean as a whistle.

Ive seen soo many garrett turbos fail moreso on the falcons then anything else though.

You would have thought with the new turbo being built by gcg there woulkdnt have been any issues though.

anyways I wish you all the best with it mate.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

just had enough ey, plus the front support bar is fukd, was damaged when I bought it so theres duct tape holdin on my front bar haha, my door actuators shot, some ass hit my door with a bullbar, got rego n insurence due, and my security licencce, and im still payin off the money my dad lent me for the old turbo! ahh!!! >.< just my lil bitchin sesh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...