senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/07/08 03:53 AM Posted 20/07/08 03:53 AM Mate, I just meant the factory fitted ones, alot of those pager alarms have remote start, but they are temperamental at best!I wouldn't change over to keyless, but I would like it if it was standard
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 20/07/08 04:11 AM Posted 20/07/08 04:11 AM having the key seperate from the remote is awesomeit means if I go for a surf I can tie it to one of my flippers
gilto Member 218 Member For: 19y 3m 3d Gender: Male Posted 20/07/08 07:16 AM Posted 20/07/08 07:16 AM I see on Ebay international you can buy brand new uncut OEM Ford keys for the Focus which look the same as the ones that work on the BA's.However on one listing it states the keys are specifically for the European market??Can someone clarify if these keys will work on the BA's .......
bk284 Member 101 Member For: 19y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Illawarra Posted 20/07/08 07:27 AM Posted 20/07/08 07:27 AM What abut something like this. It is on ebay for $125. Would be alot cheaper than changing ignition and all of that stuff I would think.
gilto Member 218 Member For: 19y 3m 3d Gender: Male Posted 20/07/08 07:43 AM Posted 20/07/08 07:43 AM $80 on Ebay international......Look exactly the same......can someone clarify.....
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/07/08 07:57 AM Posted 20/07/08 07:57 AM That's the Focus key.It will work on BA's.Genebaby knows about that key but doesn't like it.
bk284 Member 101 Member For: 19y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Illawarra Posted 20/07/08 08:15 AM Posted 20/07/08 08:15 AM Just a thought. Will they work with the BA falcon. There are heaps on Ebay international. Would like to know if they will work but.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/07/08 08:26 AM Posted 20/07/08 08:26 AM They're being sold here to fit the BA so I assume they would.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/07/08 08:46 AM Posted 20/07/08 08:46 AM that's actually the Fiesta Key now, the focus now uses the flipkey
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 20/07/08 11:46 AM Author Posted 20/07/08 11:46 AM I've driven Foci with that key, and yeah, was not remotely interested in using one on the BA but the new flick keys are a different story. FTG sell the Focus style key for BA and SX Territory and the Flick keys for BF and SY. I want to know which are the bits to change over to make it BF like to see how much hassle it is.I actually don't mind the key and fob as two units, but the flick key is pretty sexy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now