turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 19/11/09 09:20 AM Author Posted 19/11/09 09:20 AM turns out the guy that had their fg xr6t blown up at torque n tune the other month has taken it to rdp
strik9 Banned 146 Member For: 19y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: AUSTRALIA Posted 19/11/09 10:08 AM Posted 19/11/09 10:08 AM (edited) do you know the supposed reason why the car blew up? is there any details on the events that unfolded. I got to the travel centre from browns plains once, rang the tuner on the way home, said it pinging. he says theres no way just give it too it with peace of mind.I,d be the boost solinoid. I was like nah. he was no probs its fine. ended up with a hole through the piston the size of a 20cnt piece. they paid for an engine of my own contents. put all the goods in it. and fitted for free. big mistake there. cost them a few bucks. but hat off they claimed total fault. it happens... lets just say I was very loyal to that point to my tuner. its was the second engine with a hole through the piston, due to pre detination..what blue me away the guy had the reputation for being a conservative tuner. he,s prob washing dishes in china town by now Edited 19/11/09 10:11 AM by strik9
lowfutura Enforcer Legacy Donating Member 520 Member For: 17y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/11/09 01:31 PM Posted 19/11/09 01:31 PM I believe the Fg Leaned out, just 20Km from the shop.
lowfutura Enforcer Legacy Donating Member 520 Member For: 17y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/11/09 01:52 PM Posted 19/11/09 01:52 PM hey guys just a couple of quick question I got a 2nd hand flash and I want to put a generic tune on it where would be the best to get this done. also if I put it on my ute which has a after market exhaust will this do any damage to my motor thanks guysJust in case you were not aware, the flash is locked to each individual vehicle, inside the drivers side door jamb is the ecu code and vin number, which is used to lock the flash.It can be unlocked at a cost.Generic tunes, Mmmm, well best to get your car custom tuned to your own mods; and that way your tuner can set the car up to the best way that is going to suit your needs, but if your exhaust has been done, you may want to consider an aftermarket panel filter (such as K&N) as well.Put it on the dyno, that's the best way.Cheers.
wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 19/11/09 09:01 PM Posted 19/11/09 09:01 PM I really dnt no how true this is does any body no this guy wjo car blow up or is he a member?like I said he tuned mine a few f6 and t and his own fgxr6t sum people think my car was lean well it couldnt have been to lean as the motor is still goin I believe the Fg Leaned out, just 20Km from the shop.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/11/09 12:07 AM Posted 20/11/09 12:07 AM Doesn't really matter - why let the truth get in the way of a good story
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 20/11/09 12:28 AM Author Posted 20/11/09 12:28 AM lol all I know is that they shouldnt of cut the red wire
cjsxrt Legacy Donating Member 145 Member For: 17y 9m 16d Posted 20/11/09 07:54 AM Posted 20/11/09 07:54 AM hey guys sorry I havent replyed I ran out of cridet on my internet. I know I got to unlock the flash tunner I was just thinking of putting the genreic tune on till next year I will have a rapid cooler soon which I know I have to go and get it tuned after that im thinking of doing my valve springs before the tune and also putting bigger injectors in when its tunned which would be the best tuner im not to keen on elite or rdp cheers
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 20/11/09 08:41 AM Posted 20/11/09 08:41 AM give James from BPS a call,he'll look after you!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now