Ahg Long Track Day - Date Change

XR06T

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 6d

OK forumites, here is the topic for the track day. Post up if your keen to come and hopefully we'll hear from Mat today regarding availability of the track for that day. Let us know what you think and hopefully it can all come together!

People keen:

Mat (+1) PAID

Kieran PAID

Matt

Phoebs (+1) PAID

Goran PAID

Deonie (+1)

Aaron

Dean PAID

Budge

DJL351

Arronm PAID

John PAID

Edited by XR06T

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 15d

I''m sure the cost has gone up from last time (but when doesn't it), however we have 2 options available. Long track is open Monday-Thursday. I havent booked a day yet for obvious reasons but Megan said that most of September is free.

A) 1 Instructor on the long circuit from 12-5 is $1000 for 14 people. is about $70

b) Tuning arvo is $500 from 3-5 with 1 instructor. Max of 14 cars but of course you would probably only have 7 or 8. Cost would be similiar.

Last time we were allowed to use skidpan as a "warm down" after a lap (evo boys whinging!). I guess that's depends on the instructor

Dont need to worry about cams licenses or anything. Just long pants / sleeves / helmet and shoes and your away.

Pretty cheap way to enjoy your car really.

EDIT: Kieran, we cant forget D either as I know she was keen for Sunday but being OS and all..

Edited by Mat

• Donating Members

I dont know how the majority thinks, and while an all turbo ford day would be great, I dont think it would be possible so why not? That and the long term member thing :)

that's one thing I enjoyed about Sunday. XR6T ute / sedans, monaro, STi, wrx's, soarer, supra's etc. Was much better than having 10 dak dak's like usual

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 6d

I think that we should put anything on the list, as it may become hard to find 14 people for a Wednesday..

Updated the list also.

Also is it ok to go as a passenger in another car if you have a helmet? I'd like to go for a spin in Ben EVO!

Also is there an option to not have an instructor?

Thanks for doing the ring around btw Mat.

• Donating Members

No, you need an instructor to give you the theory stuff (which no doubt many people have heard a fair few times now!) and keep an eye on things (ie when cars going out onto track.)

On one hand its great having an instructor present but on the other hand, why should we pay someone to sit and talk to a co-worker for 3 hours. Sure with dangerous noobs, it would be a stressful job but when you have a group with a healthy amount of common sense, its much easier lol

HIGHLY doubt they will let pax laps too :(

Ben is it street reg'd or b reg / track toy?