groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Posted 24/06/08 02:20 AM Posted 24/06/08 02:20 AM (edited) there should be heaps around at the wreckers mate, try here for a start http://www.ftgautosalvage.com.au/Default.aspthese engines are also in the HO varient called the F6 or typhoon or tornado in case you didnt know... but youll probably pay a premium for an engine out of these cars for no gain if your building it up anyways... Edited 24/06/08 02:24 AM by groper
Mewk New Member 15 Member For: 18y 3m 17d Posted 24/06/08 02:51 AM Author Posted 24/06/08 02:51 AM Ok, I sent another request to FTG for a NA motor. They responded with a quote for a turbo motor, but it was too expensive for me to just tear it down. So I hope ill hear something soon....Thanks for all your help so far guys.. Hopefully ill have a motor here before the end of July.Mewk
groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Posted 24/06/08 02:52 AM Posted 24/06/08 02:52 AM why did you want a NA motor? do you want a higher compression ratio?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 24/06/08 03:03 AM Posted 24/06/08 03:03 AM If the pistons are changing the std comp ratio won't matter though will it?
groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Posted 24/06/08 03:18 AM Posted 24/06/08 03:18 AM theres more to it than that, plus with the turbo motor you get the ECU and all the boost control funtion...are you gonna use SCT advantage to tune it or will you change ECU all togeather?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 24/06/08 04:30 AM Posted 24/06/08 04:30 AM What else is there? The heads and blocks are the same, the stroke is the same...
Mewk New Member 15 Member For: 18y 3m 17d Posted 24/06/08 12:19 PM Author Posted 24/06/08 12:19 PM I am changing the pistons and rods so, I only need a good long block to work with. The motor will be tuned with either my old Tec3 R or maybe a Motec if I can afford it.I was a little unsure about the crank journal size and the way the cam timing was controlled. I think I read somewhere that some of the blocks had smaller crank journals and I think one of the heads has completely variable cam timing?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 24/06/08 12:36 PM Posted 24/06/08 12:36 PM The heads themselves are basically the same, the only difference was from BF (Oct 05) Onwards they went to a fully independant cam system, whereas the original ones (02-05) were phased off each other. The barra heads flow quite well, and most people have reached big HP with standard cams.yeah after 05 they went to independant cam timing, if you can't find a block I can probably get you a price on the NA motor complete new from Ford, I work for a dealership over here. I don't think you would have too much trouble finding one though, there are alot of them around
groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Posted 24/06/08 10:54 PM Posted 24/06/08 10:54 PM theres one here for $5k with under 10,000kms on it, latest model engine...http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...=42777&st=0
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 25/06/08 01:55 AM Posted 25/06/08 01:55 AM Dont forget the turbo motor has Inconel Valves which the NA does not.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now