QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Posted 22/06/08 09:41 AM Posted 22/06/08 09:41 AM (edited) Being an owner of a BF F6, I can understand first hand why people would try and undermine the newer model. I, for 1, will be with mine for another 2 years (according to the accountant). Every time an FG F6 drives past I will probably wish I had one instead of the 'old' BF.The fact is I would swap mine in a heartbeat. That said, if I didn't own a BF F6, and I was in the market for a performace family sedan, I probably wouldn't buy the FG F6. I love the performance and I love the fact that it can do as much or more than cars twice it's price. I just don't like the look. It's a personal thing and many will disagree with me. If my budget allows in 2 years time, I will seriously consider the GTE. Even the most one-eyed turbo fan couldn't argue that the GTE isn't sex on wheels. The FG F6 is the ugly step sister that can blow a golf ball through a garden hose. What she lacks in looks she makes up for in performance. If I have to wake up to it every day, I choose the pretty one. Edited 22/06/08 09:42 AM by QikSmurf
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 22/06/08 09:47 AM Posted 22/06/08 09:47 AM "Golf ball through a garden hose!" that's gold!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/06/08 09:49 AM Posted 22/06/08 09:49 AM Shallow...it's what's on the inside that counts isn't it???
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 11d Posted 22/06/08 12:32 PM Posted 22/06/08 12:32 PM (edited) Being an owner of a BF F6, I can understand first hand why people would try and undermine the newer model. I, for 1, will be with mine for another 2 years (according to the accountant). Every time an FG F6 drives past I will probably wish I had one instead of the 'old' BF.The fact is I would swap mine in a heartbeat. That said, if I didn't own a BF F6, and I was in the market for a performace family sedan, I probably wouldn't buy the FG F6. I love the performance and I love the fact that it can do as much or more than cars twice it's price. I just don't like the look. It's a personal thing and many will disagree with me. If my budget allows in 2 years time, I will seriously consider the GTE. Even the most one-eyed turbo fan couldn't argue that the GTE isn't sex on wheels. The FG F6 is the ugly step sister that can blow a golf ball through a garden hose. What she lacks in looks she makes up for in performance. If I have to wake up to it every day, I choose the pretty one.Doesnt take much to make a FG FPV F6 look like a GTE! Buy an FG XR8 bonnet, GTE boot lip spoiler then find a good spray painter to colour code the front bar and paint the bonnet & GTE boot lip spoiler all at the same time .... done Edited 22/06/08 12:32 PM by 2MUCHKW
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 22/06/08 06:35 PM Posted 22/06/08 06:35 PM C'mon, that is one seriously good looking car. To me it has a hint of Liberty in it if anything.Gotta admit the interior is a huge step forward too.Yeah that's what I thought first time I saw one. Reminded me of a Liberty a bit. I like the car. I don't like the clear tail lights.
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/06/08 04:11 AM Posted 23/06/08 04:11 AM (edited) I remember when I first got the brand new BA XR6T in blueprint and I was awesome. Ask anybody.I used to love it at the lights when people would be stretching their necks to try and see if it had the red turbo badge on the boot... Ive had an 'old' car for about 5 years now. And the fact that its blueprint shows everybody its a BA Mk1. I have however, had a very good run with it as to the untrained eye its still the current shape, so I put up with it. The fact that it runs 12's (11's...) helped. Now however, its very old and looks it. I understand why BF F6 owners are trying to convince themselves FG is sh*t. I however, love it. Sure ill miss the BA, but I want a new toy. that's why its FG F6 for me as soon as I can afford it. And f*ck waiting for the warranty, mods straight up. Racoon eyes can be painted people!! Edited 23/06/08 04:14 AM by TURBOXR
F6 381 Member 88 Member For: 19y 7m 8d Posted 23/06/08 05:05 AM Posted 23/06/08 05:05 AM Doesnt take much to make a FG FPV F6 look like a GTE! Buy an FG XR8 bonnet, GTE boot lip spoiler then find a good spray painter to colour code the front bar and paint the bonnet & GTE boot lip spoiler all at the same time .... done I don't see the point in making an F6 look like the GTE! You either buy one or the other IMO and I'm sure the money it would cost to buy these things and the spray paint them should be better spent on a KB or whipple and that will make the V8 get up and boogie.If you did those things to your F6 you would be nothing more than a RICER IMO and we know on this forum how much crap they cop as they have there own Topic.
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/06/08 06:13 AM Author Posted 23/06/08 06:13 AM I'm not trying to convince myself, I just genuinely don't like the look of them!When the BA came out, I was obsessed with the rear end. They looked so good! Those tail lights, the rear bar, the wheels; EVERYTHING worked on those cars, and the little bits they've changed since then to the BF MKII has just made them even better. When I had the opportunity to get an N/A BA MKII I jumped at it, and now with the last of the BF series F6, it's the best of the best. We're not convincing ourselves or justifying our purchase or whinging because a new model came out, we just think they're farkin ugly...
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 27d Gender: Male Posted 23/06/08 06:26 AM Posted 23/06/08 06:26 AM Yeah so you KEEP saying
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 26d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 23/06/08 07:18 AM Posted 23/06/08 07:18 AM Yeah so you KEEP saying :ifiusethisimafag:I couldn't agree more. The guys bagging the FG are so inconsistant it's not funny.First they say the FG looks too much like the BA/BF, of which they like.Then they say the FG is ugly (despite it looking barely different to the BF they so dearly love).Then they say it looks like the AU, which they hated, but love the BA/BF. My BF is only 18 months old, too new to replace, but I'm happy to say the FG sh*ts on it ina just about every aspect:The FG looks betterIs better equipedIs quickerIs more fuel efficientThe interior is a million times betterHandles betterAbout all I'll conceed is that the FG instrument colours in the XRs is a bit cheesy, and the range of steering wheel adjustment isn't as good.FG+ BA/BF =
Recommended Posts