Jump to content

Sydney V's Melbourne V's Brissy V's Adelaide, Perth, Darwi


Recommended Posts

  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted

Considering the Pizza thread has becoming a who's pizza is better, thought it would be interesting to see reasons why you believe your city is the best...

(other then pizza)!

Let me get this started!

Sydney - Bridge, Oprah House....

Melbourne - Westgate Bridge, MCG...

Brissy - Blonds, and GC 45 mins down the road...

Adelaide - hhhhmmm Not sure... been there twice only for a day... traffic... or lack there of?

Canberra - the 3 p's - or should I say 2, Phyro, Porn and the 3rd Pollys so prob not a good one...

Never been to the others...

Any takers?

Let the WAR BEGIN!

:gun2: :uziman: :biggun: :ARFiring: :gunsfiring: :punchhead: :verysad::bomb:

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

Darwin, Its sh*t but there is no water restrictions and you still get to blow stuff up with fireworks.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

I live in Sydney but I wouldn't call it the best, been in melbourne a few times, seems ok but the fact that they don't have Schooners but rather "pots" gives me the sh*ts - friggin pots...

Oh, and for the record I reckon Tokyo kicks the sh*t out of sydney - clean, perfect train system, cheaper (yes cheaper), people have respect, cops are barely present but courteous when they are etc etc sorry to go OT!

  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted

Oh yeah and not to be biased - Wollongong, Newcastle, Albury/Wodonga, GC, Wagga, Bendigo and any others I have missed are included!

:verysad: :gunsfiring: :punchhead: :ARFiring: :uziman: :biggun: :gun2::bomb:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Posted (edited)

Melbourne is the pick of them, with the exception of the weather.

Some reasons why:

Great Ocean road

BLack spur

Aussie Tennis open

MotoGP

F1 GP

Souvlaki ( hard to find in the other capitals)

Great dining ( better than Sydney)

MCG

Shopping (for the wifey)

More realistic real estate prices than Syd.

Great city with heaps to offer and not the nightmarish traffic that Sydney has. Only downside, its too bloody cold to make the most of it!

Give me Melbourne in the geopraphical location of Coffs Harbour ( to take advantage of the climate) and I am there!

Edited by craiginmackay
  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

MELBOURNE, best ,pubs,clubs,chicks,cars,city,fashion,music etc

EDIT: and tuners :verysad:

Edited by YPURV4
  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted

Senna... mate this one is about Aussie cities - not OS...

Sorry mate!

Stick to the topic!

:verysad:

What you started in the Pizza topic is the reason I started this one...

:gunsfiring:

So heres your chance to hammer the others!

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

monkey see, monkey do... :verysad:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Posted
Senna... mate this one is about Aussie cities - not OS...

But you didnt specifically say it had to be Aussie cities! :verysad: :gunsfiring:

  • rob327
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD
Posted

I've lived in sydney all my life... except for the chunks of 2 week holidays ive spent in QLD....

over the last 2 years those chunks would be measurable in months, probably going on 10months as my family moved here and I'm free to come and go ...

The fact that I've lived in sydney all my life gives me an inbuilt bias which I think drives everyone to say that where they are from is better.... but given my distance, and variety at the moment... it seems where you live, you get used to AND make concessions for less desirable factors about your proud home city...

I left sydney traffic behind and brisbanes traffic is now as bad as I remember sydney.... im now worried about how bad sydney is... or theres the chance they all came to brisbane and theres not half as many cars in sydney now..

My observations... not facts... just observations...

- In sydney your more likely to get beaten to death by a squad of angry adidas wearing wrx driving youths...

- In brisbane your more likely to get beaten to death by a squad of angry southern cross tatood VL driving youths

Jokes, Jokes.....but to me theres 2 things that make a city a place I want to go.....

- Good people..

- Stuff to do and see...

Honestly, and being from sydney I can say this, most People in sydney would not put you out if you were on fire...

In brisbane, people are pretty friendly, helpful, and considerate towards those on fire.... (except those who work at the quantas terminal... whats up their asses I do not know)

As far as holiday recomendations go I've actually warned against sydney... I cant think of anything to do and see there worth recomending...

Oh... the licences up here are a joke.... heres one I laminated earlier...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...