Dead Cheap Front Mount Intercoolers

JETURBO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

:buttrock: ha now first things first they aint the best coolers going I know ive asked u all b4 but they look pritty good and got to be better than the standard cooler its a 400 wide by 300 high by 76 deep polished alloy bar and plate style cooler now iam only new on this forum and dont know how to do all the click on link thingos but I thought I would share how I got a hold of one of theese coolers brand new for $176.00 plus $54.00 for postage on auction verses the buy now price of $399.00 plus $54.00 postage for about 6 weeks ive been working my way to win and pay as least as possiably for it this is how it happened first off I was bidding on one theres always 1 up for grabs with a buy now price and 1 up for auction style I kept a eye on the auction one didnt bid on it at all till the last 5 or so min and what I found any bid I was putting in was automaticly getting out bid by a couple of bucks it was about 190.00 then I bid it went up then I bid again it went upm again so on I got to about 226.00 and it was over and said that I lost and it went for 240.00 to a private buyer ok fair enough I lost but the next day there was a second chance offer in my in box saying my highest bid if 226.00 will be accepted I thought wow ill get it but then thought wait a min and let the offer expire got back on the next time it was up for auction approx next day did the hole thing again but put a bid in of sumthing like 146.00 plus 54 postage made 200 total but after the auction nuthing they just re listed it again so I did it again this time 166.00 plus 54.00 postage total of 210.00 nup didnt win again I done this rite up until 176.00 plus 54 and bammo they offered it to me for the second chance so I graberd it just figgured that was the least they were gunna let it go for beets $399.00 all the other so called people bidding on it all have there details hidden so I figgure it was just the company working the prices up

to cut to the chase go on ebay type in xr6 turbo serch through the products its the coolers from monster performance has a red boarder round the pic comes with all the gear to mount it and is a direct replacement jobby

just thought some guys like me without a massive budget can also have a good looking frontmount to :dontknow:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 16y 10m 13d

I got my Monsta cooler for $222 total. Did the same sort of thing as you. Made a bid, got out bid. They gave me a 2nd chance offer, and I took it. Its so far supported my 296.1rwkw.

• Member For: 17y 1m 15d

................................................................................................................

Dont worry I've got heaps of spare full stops you can borrow some of mine ;)

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

see that's the kind of thing I like to hear with a cheap product and still make reasonable power 300rwkw is my goal and hopefully this cooler can get me there with other mods

• Member For: 16y 7m 17d

I've exprecinece similiar things on ebay.

I'm always a bit wary of the second chance offers (I feel as someone is bidding against you on purpose just to increase the price, then when u stop bidding you get a second chance offer)

Edited by XRPete

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

Sounds like you did ok.

Not sure about the "good looking" part though. They look like a kicked in biscuit tin to me. Perform like one too! :buttrock: