Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 13/05/08 01:49 PM Posted 13/05/08 01:49 PM yeh, I'd recommend driving in manual mode though, just in case (especially in this weather) you go to overtake and it drops back into 2nd!
xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 13/05/08 01:50 PM Posted 13/05/08 01:50 PM I always warm up and set the timer for a minute for cool down. WARNING!! never ask here if it's worth getting a turbo timer!I always have the traction control on as it does come in handy sometimes when you least expect it and I turn it off when I want some fun. With regards to mods, 300 is the new 250
RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 15d Gender: Male Posted 14/05/08 01:29 AM Posted 14/05/08 01:29 AM (edited) How does traction contol cause driveline damage?Better start driving with it off And is it better to drive in Manual mode or normal automatic mode?What's better for the driveline?I'm kinda sick of the squirting the auto, and as soon as I'm off the accelerator it clunks into a higher gear Edited 14/05/08 01:31 AM by RSK
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/05/08 03:35 AM Posted 14/05/08 03:35 AM I go very easy until the temp guage is 1/4 (5 mins or so) then go medium until my the oil gauge warms up (15 or more mins from cold).As for TC same as others said, only in the wet, or in dry if your tired and have mods Mods: Edit, injectors, valve springs, around 250rwkw, enough for most *ahem* normal *ahem* people!
Ghosti NOT THERE!... THERE! Member 852 Member For: 18y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/05/08 04:47 AM Author Posted 14/05/08 04:47 AM Sweet as, thanks for even more valuable replies dudes.I pick up the big girl in half an hour Woop Woop!
Joey Member 182 Member For: 18y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Australind, WA Posted 14/05/08 05:29 AM Posted 14/05/08 05:29 AM Niice man, you must be excited I remember when I was picking up mine! Was sooooo stoked, couldnt stop grinning And I had to wait for mine for 3 months to be delivered from the factory!I had mine custom tuned at about 2000km on the clock, up to about 240rwkw with nothing more than the F6 cold air intake and K&N filter. You should definately have no reliability problems with those mods and the power increase is quite nice I guarantee it wont be the end though... you'll get the bug like the rest of us
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/05/08 06:22 AM Posted 14/05/08 06:22 AM Ya see, this is exactly why I decided to join this place after reading around for a week or 2.It's been under an hour and I've got 4 useful, friendly responses.Cheers boys.Lol yeah, I been waiting for two weeks on the Mista forum.
XRSCAR Member 414 Member For: 18y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: FTG, Victoria Posted 14/05/08 07:21 AM Posted 14/05/08 07:21 AM Welcome to the forum mate!I'm guessing you've already got your beast :D
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 10d Gender: Male Posted 14/05/08 07:39 AM Posted 14/05/08 07:39 AM Welcome mate ! I always warm up for about 5 mins or if not I just drive real slow 4 10 mins. And always warm down 4 5 - 10 mins. I always drive with t/c off also. Just get a custom tune dude and you will be happy trust me. The difference that it makes from standard is amazing. RSK I think t/c sends a shudder through the driveline when wheels spin.
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 14/05/08 08:25 AM Posted 14/05/08 08:25 AM Welcome Ghost Dont forget to post some pics when you get it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now