djmickyg Member 31 Member For: 20y 3m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 12:15 PM Posted 06/05/08 12:15 PM After having my CARPC's screen down low for over a year. it's time to move it up into the top position. (I use it much more that the factory screen)I got the setup up from friend who had it in his car, he did a great job relocation the ICC and sorted out all the problem associated with that, which make my job a whole lot easier and quicker. but I wanted to redo the plastic as his had a few cracks and the lower section with the ICC wasn't how I wanted it.here is the progress pictures of where I am at, (all the joints have been plastic welded so no cracks should develop)Lots more sanding to do, with plastic welding it usually requires refilling holes and re-sanding, over and over again until smooth
djmickyg Member 31 Member For: 20y 3m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 12:15 PM Author Posted 06/05/08 12:15 PM This is how the lower section was from my friend (after I sanded it back, as I was going to use it to start with)But then I chopped it up and started again, as I want to flow a lot nicer with the lower sectionI had to cut and extend the lower section so it flowed into the ICC part.
djmickyg Member 31 Member For: 20y 3m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 12:16 PM Author Posted 06/05/08 12:16 PM Test fit, still lots of sanding back toAdding sides and a few inside ribs to the ICC part and extending the button lip so it sits flush with the lower sectionI'm a little further along, I have to get some more pictures.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 06/05/08 12:17 PM Posted 06/05/08 12:17 PM is this why I haven't heard from you in weeks?
djmickyg Member 31 Member For: 20y 3m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 12:35 PM Author Posted 06/05/08 12:35 PM I thought you were just snobing me I've got to come get my jacket tomorrow!and what are you doing on these forums? you have a Yaris now!!!
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 07/05/08 07:27 AM Posted 07/05/08 07:27 AM looks great mate will look tops when done
MrBean Member 400 Member For: 20y 4m 24d Location: Melbourne Posted 07/05/08 01:40 PM Posted 07/05/08 01:40 PM Looking very good, Mick!! Great job with the welding.....very pro.I will bel you on the weekend
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 07/05/08 11:56 PM Posted 07/05/08 11:56 PM Top effort Mick. 1
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 08/05/08 12:07 AM Posted 08/05/08 12:07 AM and what are you doing on these forums? you have a Yaris now!!!
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/05/08 02:40 AM Posted 08/05/08 02:40 AM Great, can't wait to see the finished product.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now