7" Vga Screen And Icc Relocation

djmickyg

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 13y 6m 15d

Just wondering if there is any reason that I cannot install a 7 or 8'' head unit down where the cigrette light is (infront of gear stick) and obviously draw power with ignition etc but run speaker wires out to an amp with a sub but using a 4 channel amp so I can run to the current AUXilary in my ute so in theory my original stereo will be amplified and playing through std aux function but using the new head unit/dvd player.. I dont see why this wont work but seems too simple..? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 8d

I would like to know this too Jase. Wanting to somehow hook up a 7" screen down in the cigarette space below the icc. Only problem I would have is the amount of room between the gear knob and the screen (manual car).

I could see me putting my knuckles thru the screen when selecting 1st, 3rd and 5th lol.

• Member For: 17y 9m 19d
Just wondering if there is any reason that I cannot install a 7 or 8'' head unit down where the cigrette light is (infront of gear stick) and obviously draw power with ignition etc but run speaker wires out to an amp with a sub but using a 4 channel amp so I can run to the current AUXilary in my ute so in theory my original stereo will be amplified and playing through std aux function but using the new head unit/dvd player.. I dont see why this wont work but seems too simple..? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

you wont be able to fit a full double din head unit down the bottom (well not without cutting some things out)

if you see my first image, I did have a 7 inch touch screen down the bottom for a while but it was very awkward to use.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 2d

yeah but you wont fit a full unit in there, with out butchering ALOT, and even then I doubt it to get any decent angle.

a flat tft screen will go though. why not base a system around a flat screen and an android tablet?

• Donating Members

I didnt want to go chopping anything in the dash. Just wanted something to replace the parrot system I got now. Are you saying they wont fit because they go too far back into the dash? This sux lol! No easy way to put a screen in these cars.

• Donating Members

Saw them on ebay. Looks pretty good, but almost looks oversized in a way, lol.

I will be hooking myself up with one of these. Had internet capabilities, full bluetooth phone calling and music playing etc.

post-48623-135720150318_thumb.jpg