The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 28d

There are a couple of decent bumps in the back yard that I hit last week so that might have contributed to it.

Also that ebay one was the wrong one so I think I'm sh*t out of luck. I spose I can buy a new one and fix my car a bit later :tear2:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I just went back out to the shed to have a closer look at it and it is bent and cracked 7 ways to Sunday. It wouldn't have to be a perfect fix cos it's only 13hp but I'm not sure I could bring all the cracked edges together. I had a quick try with a clamp but I'd need a series of clamps pulling in various directions to line it up properly I think. It is split through a couple of shaft journals too so that would require quite a bit of work to make them nice again.

I've done some more research and other mowers use the same or very similar parts so I'll go through the cheaper options before I buy a welder. Lol I do want to buy a better welder but it's not a priority.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Check ya car to make sure your airbag isn't an accidental grenade. Apparently in S.A you wont be able to register your car if it is affected, from November 1st.

https://ismyairbagsafe.com.au/

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 4d

That's a good idea I reckon - should catch any of those airbags still getting around.

Did I mention when I removed the steering wheel in the BA, the airbag was clipped in but the retaining bolts were flopping around loose in their springs. Then the nut holding the wheel on could be undone with just my fingers.

Glad that airbag didn't deploy...