BLUUOA Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/03/08 06:29 AM Posted 29/03/08 06:29 AM (edited) HEY GUYS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS THE SPECS ON THE FPV F6 TYPHOON DIFF RATIO AND IF THERE DIFFERENT TO AUTO AND MANUAL TRANSMISSIONSALSO IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM A XR6 TURBO ?AND IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS ONE FOR SALE THAT WOULD BE GREATI CRACKED MY DIFF DON'T KNOW THE FULL EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE UNTIL I PULL IT OUTANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DOTHANKS Edited 29/03/08 06:29 AM by BLUUOA
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 29/03/08 06:37 AM Posted 29/03/08 06:37 AM 2.73 on the 6 speed auto I'm pretty sure
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/03/08 06:41 AM Posted 29/03/08 06:41 AM 2.73 on 6-speed auto3.46 on 4-speed auto & 5-speed manual3.73 on 6-speed manualAs I told you last Wednesday night putting slicks on the car will put a lot more strain on driveline, especially running big power.I thought you'd have a cv or auto problem before the diff.That's why most of us with the ZF's are using MT's, plus less hassle running at the track.Good luck sorting it out. Brian
BLUUOA Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/03/08 06:43 AM Author Posted 29/03/08 06:43 AM Hey Brian Could you give me some advice is there any difference between a standard diff and a FPV diff ?What is the cheapest way out of this
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/03/08 06:51 AM Posted 29/03/08 06:51 AM Should be the same Dana diff.You might be able to get diff from a wrecker.You have to drop the cradle to get the diff replaced. That's around $400 in labour.Whilst your doing that I'd advise that you inspect the cv's.Brian
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/03/08 08:19 AM Posted 29/03/08 08:19 AM Heve you found out the extent of the damage yet?Im suprised youve broken the actual Dif internals, would have thought the CV would go first.Didnt happen to just break the rear Diff cover? I have one of them for sale at the moment.(this is usually the first thing to go)
BLUUOA Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/03/08 11:58 PM Author Posted 29/03/08 11:58 PM Not yet pulling out the diff today with the help of a few friends Thanks I'll see the extent of the damage and get back to youIs the Standard XR6 Turbo Diff The Same ? If so are they the same ratios Should I go 3.75 ?
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/03/08 11:35 AM Posted 30/03/08 11:35 AM Not yet pulling out the diff today with the help of a few friends Thanks I'll see the extent of the damage and get back to youIs the Standard XR6 Turbo Diff The Same ? If so are they the same ratios Should I go 3.75 ?yep m86 Dana diff in both
Guest Guests Posted 31/03/08 01:21 AM Posted 31/03/08 01:21 AM If you're after something a bit stronger that will hold up to the punishment of 400+rwkw at the strip I'd recomend a KAAZ 2 way. I have one in my car after smashing a few standard centres and can't fault it's performance/durability (it is very noisy though ). They're pretty pricey at ~$2800 fitted but well worth it
BLUUOA Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/03/08 07:51 AM Author Posted 31/03/08 07:51 AM Yeah spoke to someone today about the KAAZ LSD but got one really cheap today so I'll just make use of this one for now it's got 3.46 which is a much better ratio of 2.73 which is in mine at the moment have to recalibrate my dash for the change in wheel speed and I'll be right When I get some time I'll rebuild my old one with strengthen gearing with the KAAZ LSD with either chrome molly drive shafts or billet ones if there at the right price Anyway the extent of the damage is I snapped my hemisphere in half which broke the rod which went out the back of the casing
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now