Chat And Spotted In Canberra

• Member For: 15y 9m

A very very built BA in blueprint with a huge turbo cut through the bonnet hanging around gungahlin/Forde area on Sat. He gave it a squirt onto horse park drive and def had some boost wound in :)

It had a workshop sticker on the side but couldn't read it

Edited by AussieCJ7

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 19d

Hi Bulletime,

I'm bittten by the bug for trackdays but I have to be sensible at the same time as I can see this would cost me a fortune.

Next upgrade will be the brakes but not sure when at this stage as I'm trying to save a deposit to buy a house plus get one of my junkers registered and on the road.

The tyres were Kumo's 245/35R19 XL KU39, I tried to maintain a 40PSI tyre pressure and was going to go the Yokahama Advan but I couldn't justify paying the extra $ but in hindsight maybe I should have.

The suspension work I had done was Pedders Extreme XA coilover kit, adjustable heavy duty sway bars, Camber/Castor kit and I got them to check on the diff bush while the cradle was out which was also replaced.

Suspension wise the car handled well, just the goose behind the wheel was the let down.

Just noticed that Circuit Club has another track day on the 7th of December, might sleep on it a decide in the morning....

And yes, cheap chinese OBDII dongle.

Cheers

Hidiho

P.S. I'm, limited to Wakefield as I can't drive too far due to my back injury.

Lol all good mate you'll feel better every time you go out trust me! Those coilovers should be a lot better than standard, should be good! Yeah Geoff said about 40 is right, what pressure were they after each session? Probably around 45 or higher until they stabalised yeah? Don't really know if the ku39s are great, but that was a hell of a lot of screeching out of them.

Some of the cheapy obd2s work out some dont, I have an expensive one and it's been great.

You didn't by chance time Geoff in your car did you? Mega keen what time he would have done in your car, what'd he think of it the xr6t?

I've got a monstor pod too, did attached my really good digital camera too it a few times but then decided I'd rather not risk it and leave the camera duties to the gopro.

A very very built BA in blueprint with a huge turbo cut through the bonnet hanging around gungahlin/Forde area on Sat. He gave it a squirt onto horse park drive and def had some boost wound in :) It had a workshop sticker on the side but couldn't read it

That's from the impound (what the sticker says) it was in my street in duffy a month or so ago staying at someones house, wasn't nice being woken up at 6:30 in the morning from it reversing up a long driveway though :@ I'm all for loud tough cars but come on get a daily or run a daily exhaust or something.

• Member For: 15y 9m

Lol all good mate you'll feel better every time you go out trust me! Those coilovers should be a lot better than standard, should be good! Yeah Geoff said about 40 is right, what pressure were they after each session? Probably around 45 or higher until they stabalised yeah? Don't really know if the ku39s are great, but that was a hell of a lot of screeching out of them.

Some of the cheapy obd2s work out some dont, I have an expensive one and it's been great.

You didn't by chance time Geoff in your car did you? Mega keen what time he would have done in your car, what'd he think of it the xr6t?

I've got a monstor pod too, did attached my really good digital camera too it a few times but then decided I'd rather not risk it and leave the camera duties to the gopro.

That's from the impound (what the sticker says) it was in my street in duffy a month or so ago staying at someones house, wasn't nice being woken up at 6:30 in the morning from it reversing up a long driveway though :@ I'm all for loud tough cars but come on get a daily or run a daily exhaust or something.

Yup def not street driven type of machine. But seems get spends a lot of time on the street wonder he is not defected every time he drives it

All for big worked machines but they are limited use these days

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 4d

That was Mick from the Impound :) He has a big f*ck off turbo hanging out the front of the xr6 atm haha.

I went for a drive in it before he got the new turbo's (was about a year and a bit ago). That thing is amazing and is off its head!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

As everyone has said it's the impounds 'flagship' car. It has had about 3 or 4 built motors through it and about 5 or 6 turbo combinations, last time I spoke to him. It made about 450rwkw last year on Gentech's dyno at their dyno day but as Mitch said its running a bigger turbo combo now (and who knows what else). He wanted to get to about 1000hp I'm pretty sure.

I dunno what it's up to at the moment but wasn't real impressed with it at the dyno day. That 450rwkw was made on drum e85 with a huge high mount turbo set up through a fully built gearbox and motor, and they ran bags of ice all over the thing to keep it cold. Not to say that isn't a sh*t load of power but I've seen plenty on here run 400+ on standard manifolds and engines with just a gtx on 98. In saying that who knows where it's at now and he pumps a lot of money into that car for R&D, basically just winds the boost up to see what breaks, fixes it then goes again, very dedicated to getting that car to where he wants ti

• Member For: 11y 6m 30d

Hi Bulletime,

The tyres were virtually new as they only did about 100 k's before I was on the track, but you are right, there was a lot of screeching going on.... me thinks it was the Screech of the Falcon letting everyone know it was circling and on the prowl ;o).

In all honesty I checked the pressures just prior to going on the track, should I have checked straight after leaving the track? rather then let the tyres cool down?

Geoff was impressed with the XR6T but complained about being unable to do heel and toe, his (unofficial) time was 1:34 & 1:25 before we swapped seats and with Geoff in the passengers seat I did 1:58 & 1:26 before the first session ended.

Cheers

Hidiho

• 3 weeks later...
  • Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 16d

A very very built BA in blueprint with a huge turbo cut through the bonnet hanging around gungahlin/Forde area on Sat. He gave it a squirt onto horse park drive and def had some boost wound in :) It had a workshop sticker on the side but couldn't read it

YIA10W, fresh from Modball:

post-16255-0-08918700-1386371070_thumb.j

post-16255-0-74245500-1386371072_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 16d

Not everything that comes out of the Impound, is to everyone's liking. But Mick does use his cars to advertise the work of his shop well.

I believe 'skids' were a major motivation for this incarnation.