explicit Member 66 Member For: 18y 7m 25d Location: Perth, WA Posted 14/02/08 05:04 AM Posted 14/02/08 05:04 AM Guys, as I have an R-spec on its way, im curious as to whether I should opt for the premium brake package from the dealer, or can I source one cheaper elsewhere?cheersJme
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Gender: Male Posted 14/02/08 05:12 AM Posted 14/02/08 05:12 AM how much are they asking for the premium brake upgrade (that's be the 6 and 4 pot brembo's right)?the 'john bowe' 6 and 4 pot kit is $6k on ebay for reference
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/02/08 06:20 AM Posted 14/02/08 06:20 AM The Brembo option is only for FPV cars.The premium brake option for the XR's is not really worth the coin now as they have improved the brakes on the BF.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/02/08 07:30 AM Posted 14/02/08 07:30 AM Looks like its about a 4K option. I bought a brembo 6 +4 kit but added the dba 5000 fr and 4000 re as the drilled brembo rotors crack if you give them a hard time. If you are going to beat your brakes I would buy it as is and sell the whole kit. You should be able to get about 4-4.5K. The DBA discs will cost you about $1600 then all you have to do is buy calipers. If you just want a bit more braking power ( I can tell you the 6 + 4 are awesome, even at normal driving) I suggest just tick the box. Arron
Tree Monkey Member 685 Member For: 18y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisvagas / Manly Posted 14/02/08 08:53 AM Posted 14/02/08 08:53 AM (edited) sell whats on it and put the AP set up that nizpro use on it. Edited 14/02/08 03:28 PM by Dagabond
explicit Member 66 Member For: 18y 7m 25d Location: Perth, WA Posted 14/02/08 10:25 AM Author Posted 14/02/08 10:25 AM Yes I was wondering if there was an ap kit available. Have used an AP racing 6 pot kit on rex a few years ago, awesome setup. Any idea where I can source it from? I've flicked racebrakes an email to enquire.
Tree Monkey Member 685 Member For: 18y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisvagas / Manly Posted 14/02/08 11:03 AM Posted 14/02/08 11:03 AM (edited) NIZPRONIZPRONIZPRO or www.racebrakessydney.com.au Edited 14/02/08 03:28 PM by Dagabond
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/02/08 11:24 AM Posted 14/02/08 11:24 AM (edited) I though being an R SPEC you would want to keep it original , if no buy these............6 piston AP Edited 14/02/08 03:28 PM by Dagabond
explicit Member 66 Member For: 18y 7m 25d Location: Perth, WA Posted 14/02/08 11:59 PM Author Posted 14/02/08 11:59 PM As long as its a bolt on application, it can always be returned to factory with little effort.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/02/08 12:04 AM Posted 15/02/08 12:04 AM I'd tick the option box, that way if you have any issues - within reason - you will have some warranty support
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now