Ernie Member 224 Member For: 19y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/02/08 06:36 AM Posted 08/02/08 06:36 AM (edited) hey all...........quick question........is it possible to put a shortened 9 inch diff into a XR6 Turbo ute ??????????Ernie Edited 08/02/08 06:42 AM by Ernie
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 08/02/08 06:48 AM Posted 08/02/08 06:48 AM far out Earn! I assume you're gonna need the 9" once the ute is finished?I guess it would be possible, but Mal Wood would be the person to speak to, I think he has stronger centre's for the ute already, or do you need something stronger?
Ernie Member 224 Member For: 19y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/02/08 07:11 AM Author Posted 08/02/08 07:11 AM ill send you a pm Pat on my plans that are in the worksErn
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 08/02/08 02:38 PM Posted 08/02/08 02:38 PM I think RDP do shortened ones to fit as well as tubs.Doesn't help you in Sydney though!
forced Member 97 Member For: 20y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: south australia Posted 12/02/08 01:17 PM Posted 12/02/08 01:17 PM well a 9 inch does work for I have got one in me bf ute which I did have in me ba first .3.9 ratio and 31 spline heaps tuff for both cars run over 375rwkw .ba was a 6 speed manual and the bf 6 speed auto and still going strong and yes it gets a work out for I live in the country.hehe
IceMyButt Link Member 421 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/02/08 10:40 PM Posted 12/02/08 10:40 PM Got any pics Forced??Any more info on what was involved in fitting this up?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 12/02/08 10:41 PM Posted 12/02/08 10:41 PM and whats the drivability like, I assume the 9" is a bit noisier than the stock LSD...
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/02/08 03:12 AM Posted 13/02/08 03:12 AM I didnt think diffs were a big problem?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 13/02/08 03:54 AM Posted 13/02/08 03:54 AM once Ernie tells everyone what he's doing, you'll kinda see why he asked....
Ernie Member 224 Member For: 19y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/02/08 04:21 AM Author Posted 13/02/08 04:21 AM cheers for the replies everyone.........ive spoken to my chassis builder and yeah its a piece of piss so to say.as Pat said it will be interesting to say the least and if everything goes to plan which in this case can be a gamble.I will let you know this much........ im chasing 750+rwkw hence why ive asked about the 9 inch.now that is confirmed I feel happier now Ern
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now