Jump to content

Poll Added 2/3/08  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Is this ever going to happen...

:blink:

  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Posted (edited)

I would personally really like to see this get off the ground as an intercooler is my next purchase.

Sounds like it might be a starter!

Any set date yet?

I am 1000klm north of Brisbane ( 3 hour plane trip to Melb but it could take all day by the time I wait for connecting flights), but if there is enough notice given here on a date and it coincides with my work roster, I would like to attend.

If I am able to attend I will also throw in $100 to contribute to any expenses incurred during the day ( like beers and BBQ, etc).

Edited by craiginmackay
  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Fatsex, headsex and Nizpro, you guys are all in Melbourne, the money is there to pay for expenses, can we make this happen?

Scotty

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 11d
Posted
I would personally really like to see this get off the ground as an intercooler is my next purchase.

Sounds like it might be a starter!

Any set date yet?

I am 1000klm north of Brisbane ( 3 hour plane trip to Melb but it could take all day by the time I wait for connecting flights), but if there is enough notice given here on a date and it coincides with my work roster, I would like to attend.

If I am able to attend I will also throw in $100 to contribute to any expenses incurred during the day ( like beers and BBQ, etc).

Greetings everyone from new members chris and shelley (agro 6t). I have an xr6t ute and shelley recieved her stock bf xr6t sedan today. The ute is modded to 370rwkw. Shelley is in the market for a large intercooler so we are very interested in the comparison test on the apparant verge of becoming a reality, like everyone else its results we want to see. To begin with can anyone suggest the easiest to fit value for money intercooler to support 300rwkw.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted

This is kind of off topic so these posts just might get moved. There are a myriad of threads on the subject. Look them up - search is your friend. But if it was me, I'd be looking at 1 of 3 - Nizpro, Process West, Rapid Systems. All of them will handle well over 300rwkw. If budget is the issue, then definitely consider the Rapid Systems unit. Otherwise, a toss up between the other 2. APS has a good unit as well but it is not cheap. I myself have the new Nizpro unit and it is a wee ripper (well, not so wee, but a ripper nonetheless). With engine temps high on 30+ degree days, it doesn't suffer much at all. Seems to do what it was designed to do, cool those intake temps. High-five Nizpro.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

If the "topic" starts again, then yes it will be cleaned up.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

Adding to this, I done some datalogging of the new nizpro cooler in my stage2 setup.

On saturday, I believe the climate control said it was 31degrees outside in the late afternoon.

Cruising around for about 30 mins or so, I found that cruise tempretures stayed around the 105F to 110F area (40.5dC to 43.33dC)

But the real magic happened when doing wot runs.. 2000rpm to 6000rpm with 15psi, the temps dropped from 105F to approx 95F and then rised upto a maximum of 103F during a pull in 3rd gear. (95f = 35c, 103f =39c).

So considering the ambient tempreture was 31degrees, the cooler done a good job on keeping the temps under or around the magic number 100F (magic because this is where air temp corrections start to come and play)

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 9d
Posted (edited)

Sounds awesome!!!!!!!

How many subsequent runs did you do @ WOT with the new gen Nizpro cooler??

Anyone wanna buy a 1000hp polished Plazaman cooler ... going cheap :original:

Edited by Dagabond
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I am still happy to proceed with testing although the biggest hurdle at this stage is no other manufactures have said peep for weeks.

Doing a compare test using one brand may be a little pointless.

The last week end of march and the first of April are out.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong NSW
Posted

Im still 100% in.

I know Rapid is in....still havent seen an actual commitment from Plazmaman yet.

Kev

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...