NATHOON Legacy Donating Member 197 Member For: 20y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/08 03:00 AM Posted 15/01/08 03:00 AM I have process west setups on both my manual ute has 380 rwkw stage 2 cooler and my tornado has the full plenum kit it has been tuned for 412 rwkw .they never have issues with inlet temperature just with the radiator trying to keep the gearbox and motor cool. once you go skywards of 350 rwkw everything gets real hot real quickI had both utes running around powercruise last year and felt the inlet after every cruise around the track and cold to touch. I did not get one ping and the performance stayed the same all day. My cars were getting hammered I do drive them hard. You can only get about three laps before the auto goes into limp.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 15/01/08 03:19 AM Posted 15/01/08 03:19 AM If price isn't an issue then plazmaman or Process West would be two kits that'd be hard to go wrong with. I'd be very keen to see how Rapid's would go with over 400. Seems like such a cost effective option and nicely put together.Don't get me wrong, I'm not rubbishing the Rapid Systems cooler it certainly is a great value for money option. However, just about any intercooler, including those that use a cheap $50 Chinese core, will flow good and have very low pressure drop at around 15psi. With a 4 litre displacement and the massive torque that the barra engines make, we can get well over 300 rwkw with a relatively low 15psi. So we don't see the poorer cores suffer large pressure drop at boost levels into the mid 20's.What I'd love to see is what happens to the charge temps on all of the coolers typically used on our cars when repeated WOT runs occur on the dyno or street.
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 15/01/08 05:32 AM Posted 15/01/08 05:32 AM I can't believe no one has logged any charge air data on these coolers especially when many have been sold, fitted and tuned..
beauies Member 209 Member For: 23y 11d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 15/01/08 06:46 AM Author Posted 15/01/08 06:46 AM (edited) Straughsberry,Who are "ARE" cores? Edited 15/01/08 06:49 AM by beauies
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 15/01/08 06:55 AM Posted 15/01/08 06:55 AM http://www.are.com.au/
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 15/01/08 06:55 AM Posted 15/01/08 06:55 AM I think he means ASE, dont bother the lastest coolers out are way better.http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23343
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 15/01/08 07:07 AM Posted 15/01/08 07:07 AM Actually, I meant ARE.
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 15/01/08 07:10 AM Posted 15/01/08 07:10 AM I stand corrected, but ARE dont make direct fit coolers for XR6T
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 15/01/08 07:17 AM Posted 15/01/08 07:17 AM I stand corrected, but ARE dont make direct fit coolers for XR6TNo they don't and that's why I mentioned an ARE "core". Their locally made cores are supposed to be one of the best going around and if he doesn't have a dollar restriction, that might be the way to go? They will make one up for you but as a custom job.Dude the new Nizpro cooler is a very large unit and has more surface area than the 1000hp plazmaman. Call them and ask away. From all reports, it's a ripper.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 15/01/08 07:28 AM Posted 15/01/08 07:28 AM In order of reply...RapidPlazmamanProcess WestARE coreNizproas usual with nothing head and shoulders above any other and no 400+ feed back....All thats left is for the fight to start....
Recommended Posts