Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 16/12/07 08:58 PM Posted 16/12/07 08:58 PM (edited) (not really WTB just a bit of dribble)Well it happened....Far sooner than I ever expected as my car was running really well apart from a slightly slipping clutch.Last night on the way to my parents cruising down the Monash I was doing around 85km/h coming up to Jacksons rd and this knob jocky in an SS with a chev badge pulls up my ass. So me being the tool grinder I am I decide to play with him. So I drop it into 3rd put my foot on the gas, same thing I have done many many times since getting this car, and BANG!!!!!!!!!! No drive but lots of noise. I new what it was straight away. So I changed into 4th and pulled off. I was still around 15kms away from my destination so I changed through the gears to see if I could limp it back. 1st fine, 2nd fine, 3rd cruuuuuuuuucnchhhh clucnkkk, 4th fine....SO... if you saw a purple T rolling down Gladston rd at around 6:30 making a god aweful noise that was me Anyway got it home put it in the old mans garage and that's where its going to stay for the time being. So now I guess I have the chance to put a 6speed in which really isnt a bad thing, apart from the serious chunk of coin I am going to have to russle up for a T56 new clutch and flywheel. All Im going to say is thank god for this site as this came as no suprise and I have all the contacts that would be needed for someone in this situation.Thanks wish me luck!!p.s time for a sig change LOL Edited 16/12/07 09:01 PM by Wingnut
MUZ580 Member 448 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Manly - Sydney Posted 16/12/07 09:10 PM Posted 16/12/07 09:10 PM It had to happen, I don't think mine is too far away either.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/12/07 09:16 PM Posted 16/12/07 09:16 PM as you say mate, you knew it would happen, at least you can come to terms with that!Once you get the T56 in, then you can wait until the donk pops!
GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 16/12/07 10:40 PM Posted 16/12/07 10:40 PM I looked for a second hand one for ages, couldn't find one.I ended up having to get a new one off Mal.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/12/07 10:46 PM Posted 16/12/07 10:46 PM Another 5 speed bites the dust. Mine got an absolute kaining on the weekend (and so did the rear treads) a she's runnin fine, stock power but still.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/07 11:50 PM Posted 16/12/07 11:50 PM damn sorry to hear!guess it was bound to happen!300+rwkw is 50% more than stock... Ford can compensate for our stupidity only so much!
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 17/12/07 12:56 AM Posted 17/12/07 12:56 AM im kind of excited now thinking about it as I dont really need a car as I live close to the city and my parents have an old E30 BM that I could use if I need to. Really looking to just getting it sorted and taking to calder. Never did as I knew I would be pushing it but now that doesnt matter haha
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 02/01/08 11:22 PM Posted 02/01/08 11:22 PM UPDATE!!!Finally got the thing over to a family friend whos a mechanic who pulled it apart and told me exaclty what happened. Apparently I exploded the 3rd gear cluster? or something like that and was going to cost around $3500 in parts just to fix it. I kindly said thanks but no thanks. We then spoke about getting the T56 he said he would do some running around get some prices and I did the same. We both came back with Mal Wood as the best option.So now he is trying to get in contact with Mal (phone ringing out) and order a T56 with an option 5 clutch which should see me through 400rwkw. This should cost me around $7500 before labor which should be cheap. If all goes well I might have change to get that F6 botton end I have also been needing. Wish me luck!!
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 02/01/08 11:55 PM Posted 02/01/08 11:55 PM damn 7.5k a guess for the extra 4k you are getting a much better setup!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 03/01/08 12:34 AM Posted 03/01/08 12:34 AM if you think about it, fixing the T5 would mean breaking it again with the same power plus some! and that's not including a better clutch I imagine!You won't look back when you get the T56 mate, much better and will lastAlso, look into just buying a rebuild kit through Atomic or Nizpro, if your block hasn't got a whole in it, why bother buying a new one? I just rebuilt mine, gave all the bits and pieces to an engine builder so he could do the clearances and check the balance of it all, worked out cheaper than buying a new short motor
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now