RIP'S_PATCHES! Legacy Donating Member 337 Member For: 19y 6m 5d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/08 01:26 AM Posted 03/01/08 01:26 AM mate perfect oportunity to go auto, f*ck manual. could u imagine the mid 10 second time slip with 400rwkw in an auto? and will cost u cheaper!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 03/01/08 02:09 AM Posted 03/01/08 02:09 AM Auto - booorrriinnngggg
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 20d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/08 02:25 AM Posted 03/01/08 02:25 AM
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 03/01/08 03:02 AM Posted 03/01/08 03:02 AM if you think about it, fixing the T5 would mean breaking it again with the same power plus some! and that's not including a better clutch I imagine!You won't look back when you get the T56 mate, much better and will lastAlso, look into just buying a rebuild kit through Atomic or Nizpro, if your block hasn't got a whole in it, why bother buying a new one? I just rebuilt mine, gave all the bits and pieces to an engine builder so he could do the clearances and check the balance of it all, worked out cheaper than buying a new short motorYeah I have looked into those 2 options as well. Even considered buying Brians motor (still an option I guess) but Simon did me a price of around $4600 fitted and tuned which seems to be pretty good. If I could get all the gear for an atomic rebuild fitted and tuned for under that than I would seriously consider it. However, im not too sure if it would be the same block as my car is a MK1 BA. As for the auto option..... nah. If I was going to drag my car then of coarse, but I think I would be more chuffed with say a low 12 in a manual than I would be with a 10 in an auto. I bought this car because it was manual. I had 3 things I wanted, low kms, Purple haha and manual. The fact that the car I got already has heaps of power was just a bonus.
RIP'S_PATCHES! Legacy Donating Member 337 Member For: 19y 6m 5d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/08 04:43 AM Posted 03/01/08 04:43 AM Yeah I have looked into those 2 options as well. Even considered buying Brians motor (still an option I guess) but Simon did me a price of around $4600 fitted and tuned which seems to be pretty good. If I could get all the gear for an atomic rebuild fitted and tuned for under that than I would seriously consider it. However, im not too sure if it would be the same block as my car is a MK1 BA. As for the auto option..... nah. If I was going to drag my car then of coarse, but I think I would be more chuffed with say a low 12 in a manual than I would be with a 10 in an auto. I bought this car because it was manual. I had 3 things I wanted, low kms, Purple haha and manual. The fact that the car I got already has heaps of power was just a bonus.nah that's fair enough dude, manual is fun, but because I want to get into drag racing and setup my car for drags, im thinking of selling my t56 and option 5 clutch for an auto conversion soon. but whatever intrests you I guess, good luck with it mate!
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 03/01/08 04:52 AM Posted 03/01/08 04:52 AM nah that's fair enough dude, manual is fun, but because I want to get into drag racing and setup my car for drags, im thinking of selling my t56 and option 5 clutch for an auto conversion soon. but whatever intrests you I guess, good luck with it mate!Wouldnt want to sell me yours would ya? haha
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 03/01/08 04:54 AM Posted 03/01/08 04:54 AM go with the atomic rebuild kitsI sent them a email a while back and this is what I got back#306350-kit $3839.00 - 600Kw rated#306252 kit $4895.00 - 950Kw ratedThe kits come with our billet conrods, Mahle forged pistons, Mahle nitro carburised rings, Competition bearings, hi temp one piece rear main oil seal, 8 litres run-in turbo oil, oil filter and detailed instructions.....the 950Kw kit comes with our FatRods and a main cap support girdle
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 03/01/08 05:36 AM Posted 03/01/08 05:36 AM go with the atomic rebuild kitsI sent them a email a while back and this is what I got back#306350-kit $3839.00 - 600Kw rated#306252 kit $4895.00 - 950Kw ratedThe kits come with our billet conrods, Mahle forged pistons, Mahle nitro carburised rings, Competition bearings, hi temp one piece rear main oil seal, 8 litres run-in turbo oil, oil filter and detailed instructions.....the 950Kw kit comes with our FatRods and a main cap support girdleHmmm that is nice. 600kws tough... jesus haha I guess it wont need to be done again but having it fitted and tuned after that might blow my budget. I will look closely though and with Nizpro away until the 16th I have a little time.
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 03/01/08 06:12 AM Posted 03/01/08 06:12 AM IMO if you are going for 350rwkw+ you may aswell save the extra cash
6speedXR8 Mal Wood Automotive Member 537 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Location: WARWICK QLD Posted 05/01/08 12:15 PM Posted 05/01/08 12:15 PM UPDATE!!!Finally got the thing over to a family friend whos a mechanic who pulled it apart and told me exaclty what happened. Apparently I exploded the 3rd gear cluster? or something like that and was going to cost around $3500 in parts just to fix it. I kindly said thanks but no thanks. We then spoke about getting the T56 he said he would do some running around get some prices and I did the same. We both came back with Mal Wood as the best option.So now he is trying to get in contact with Mal (phone ringing out) and order a T56 with an option 5 clutch which should see me through 400rwkw. This should cost me around $7500 before labor which should be cheap. If all goes well I might have change to get that F6 botton end I have also been needing. Wish me luck!!I am back from my break and I will be back at work Monday Morning, I have what you need in stock. Mal
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now