Jordz xr6 fan Member 44 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/11/07 11:21 PM Posted 19/11/07 11:21 PM Hi guys First post and stuff and im only 17 so dont bite my head off... I love my Fords and I'm looking at cars... I want to get a Standard BA XR6, I would much rather a turbo but can be a bit $$$ and due to these laws I cant have any performance upgrades so I was wondering how much different the turbo is to a standard XR6, other than the Turbo and chip.Sorry if its a Noob question but yeah I'm a little inexperienced in this area....Oh and would I be able to slowly build up a standard XR6 enough to be able to call it a turbo one day, and is it worth it?
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 19/11/07 11:47 PM Posted 19/11/07 11:47 PM Just stick a TURBO badge on it.
jcooke Member 272 Member For: 19y 11m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 20/11/07 12:00 AM Posted 20/11/07 12:00 AM Hey mate, welcome to the fourms. Unfortunately there is quite a difference between the XR6 and Turbo, too must to list. The problem with being young apart from the laws prohibiting you buy a modified / turbo / v8 / supercharged car is insurance would be massive. From what I know you need to be on yours opens (not P's, which is 2 or 3 years??) to be able " to slowly build up a standard XR6 enough to be able to call it a turbo one day " in which case you've got quite a wait. By the time you are allowed to modify a car legally, BA's or even BF's Turbos will be in you price range. Tis a gloomy world for new drivers but the reasons behind it are sound....
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/11/07 01:02 AM Posted 20/11/07 01:02 AM Hey Pal If I were you, just throw a set of extractors, maybe a standard XR6T exhaust and get a flash tune. Together with some slotted brake discs and maybe even sway bars, you'll have a bloody nice car for a 17-18 year old!Good luck mate, the turbo will be yours one day!
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 20/11/07 01:19 AM Posted 20/11/07 01:19 AM lolllllllllllllllllThere's plenty of us P platers with xr6 turbos.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/11/07 01:30 AM Posted 20/11/07 01:30 AM Mate diffs are different, gearboxes in the older manuals (not sure about new), obviuosely the turbo, apart from tyhat I think its cosmetic.Scotty
Guest Guests Posted 20/11/07 01:31 AM Posted 20/11/07 01:31 AM lolllllllllllllllllThere's plenty of us P platers with xr6 turbos.different rules over east I think - us WA guys have it pretty good for now
Jordz xr6 fan Member 44 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/11/07 03:20 AM Author Posted 20/11/07 03:20 AM (edited) Lol thanks guys its looks like ill just make it look HOT and maybe do some minor adjustments not enough for the cops to stick the dreaded sticker on the car.Thanks for the quick reply.If you guys are down Melbourne way I might attempt to smoke you at Coldar one day Hey I heard from a FORD mechanic that the 2003 BA XR6 brakes down or has troubles often was just wondering if you guys new about this... he is a Expensive Daewoo supporter and a big bull sh*t artist so what is your opinions?Thanks again. Edited 20/11/07 03:21 AM by Jordz xr6 fan
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/11/07 03:32 AM Posted 20/11/07 03:32 AM I used to have a 2004 XR6 and never had a problem with it apart from the clutch needing replacing because of the previous owner. I think he's just being a typical Expensive Daewoo guy.
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 20/11/07 04:09 AM Posted 20/11/07 04:09 AM save your money on your first car, wait your 3 years then waste alll that money you saved on a turbo... you will be much happier
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now