F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: North Brisbane Posted 12/11/07 04:27 AM Posted 12/11/07 04:27 AM Well, I have to sum the engine up in one word - awesome.This is the new 4.2 V8 twin turbo diesel - good for 240-250kw's and 750Nm of torque from 1750-3000 rpm mated to the same ZF our Fords use.The car had a whopping 52kms on it and was brand spanking. The levels of kit in it are very reasonable and it is a nice, quiet thing to drive but when you sink the foot........... the sound of the engine is truly very, very impressive for a start and the torque! Unreal. The tacho just sat on 3 grand and the car just bolted - not bad for a nigh on 2.5tonne behemouth!I could spend hours driving that thing quite easily..............To top it off, they quote the diesel usage at 11.1litres/100km - not bad!
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 12/11/07 04:44 AM Posted 12/11/07 04:44 AM flash tune???
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/11/07 04:48 AM Posted 12/11/07 04:48 AM Nice. Put a deposit on it shorty?
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/11/07 04:53 AM Posted 12/11/07 04:53 AM Q7 ? I take it its a 4-wheel drive by the weight of it?
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: North Brisbane Posted 12/11/07 04:55 AM Author Posted 12/11/07 04:55 AM Tempted TrentO, very tempted............I am keen to drive the new twin turbo X5 diesel in the new year but I could guarantee, it won't go as hard as this thing did! It just may be a little nicer inside. I just wasn't completely sold on the Audi styling inside. For the money, I thought it would be a little classier.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/11/07 05:46 AM Posted 12/11/07 05:46 AM Sounds pretty impressive for a diesel!!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 12/11/07 05:48 AM Posted 12/11/07 05:48 AM what about the new Touareg R50, sounds pretty tasty:Touareg R50 - Car Advice
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 12/11/07 10:30 AM Posted 12/11/07 10:30 AM Just get the wide body kit and some bigger wheels and you are set.http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2007...de-Body-Kit.htm
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: North Brisbane Posted 12/11/07 10:08 PM Author Posted 12/11/07 10:08 PM I looked at the toe-rag. About the same cost but it is definitely less refined than the Q7.I should wait until Audi bring in their new V12 twin-turbo diesel. High 200kw's and 1000Nm of torque.......... sweet!If you haven't been in a new gen diesel yet, seriously, do yourself a favour - they are sensational!Nice bodykit - shame about the wheels.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: North Brisbane Posted 13/11/07 03:53 AM Author Posted 13/11/07 03:53 AM Took it again today for another extended drive and to see whether it would fit in the garage at home - it does.I am more impressed with it today than yesterday. I don't want to buy that particular one though............
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now