Jump to content

Turbo Manual Or Auto...


Is the auto stronger or the manual.  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 3d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
If I am not mistaken didn't the T5 get used in all of the old Sierra's that used to run around bathurst in the late 80's. they seemed to have no prob with them 500hp+

I have driven the Auto and the manual and could not fault either of them. The manual was very nice to drive, I had no probs with the 2-3 change or the 5-3 change . I gave the manual a good workout and was very happy with they way it performed.

I think it is all up to the individual person if you prefer auto cars get the auto, if you like manuals get a manual.

I know that all manufacturers to extensive tests on all components and they would definately not put a car on the market if it had any big problems like they are suggesting with the manual gearboxes .

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with either of the gearboxes.

Doing a few small mods to give you a bit more hp I'm sure the car will cope but doing mods and doulbling the real wheel horse power of course standard components are going to have reliability problems it is just common sense.

My Sierra had a T5 and it was smooth as silk and strong. Nothing like some of the reports here.

I chose auto. my first auto. Reason, The car is not a sports car.

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 3d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

An entrant in the this years Targa told me that the two XR6T's had there gearboxes repaired or replaced after each days racing. One car was standard.

The auto was recommended to me because the manual is "as week as pi$s"

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted
I chose auto. my first auto. Reason, The car is not a sports car.

No, it's not a sports car, it's a PERFORMANCE car and performance cars are manuals....

Dave.

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

stop fighting kids ... :thumbsup:

give it a rest for a few days, go to your rooms and do your homework, come back and discuss it properly ... ok!?! :D

... these discussions can get nasty real quick and become tooooo personal ... have fun and stop sounding pissed off so convincingly :lol:

Guest Mac_Dude
  • Guests
Posted
stop fighting kids ... :thumbsup:

give it a rest for a few days, go to your rooms and do your homework, come back and discuss it properly ... ok!?! :D

... these discussions can get nasty real quick and become tooooo personal ... have fun and stop sounding pissed off so convincingly :lol:

lol,

I guess the real answer is it's YOUR car, it's supposed to be what YOU want, not me or the guy posting next.

(oh, I'm going for the auto, love the seq shift :lol: )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...