Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d
Posted

so anyway iv got to get rid of the EL xr6t to make way for a ute for work and fun purposes as well

lookin at probly a mk2 xr6t or xr8 6speed manual

wots fuel economy going to be like with say:

xrt6 probly with edit axhaust n cooler cai

xr8 probly just headers exhaust edit n ca

take this as driving reasonable with a bit of fun here n there. I imagine they would b about the same???

wont be taking mods to the extream as im gettin a bike to take care of that

I was thinkin more the 8. good 4 crusing and v8 rumble

are the v8's becoming cheaper to get than the xr6t?

looking to spend around 25000 - 35000 ....resonable?

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Mate go the 6T.

I had a BA XR8, sold it and brought an 07 T.

A 6T with the mods you want, will be very nice.

Believe me, you won't give a crap about V8 rumble, while you trying to hold on to a 6T that delivers over 700NM of torque at 3000RPM.

Just my 2 cents

Tony

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d
Posted

yeah im gonna go hav a test drive of the newones to get an idear

how do your xr6t n xr8 compare on fuel?

worst thing is I gota sell my el 6 t 1st so I need a reasonable prive 4 that to

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 17d
Posted
yeah im gonna go hav a test drive of the newones to get an idear

how do your xr6t n xr8 compare on fuel?

worst thing is I gota sell my el 6 t 1st so I need a reasonable prive 4 that to

I continuely get over 700kms a tank

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
yeah im gonna go hav a test drive of the newones to get an idear

how do your xr6t n xr8 compare on fuel?

worst thing is I gota sell my el 6 t 1st so I need a reasonable prive 4 that to

Worst traffic in Melbourne. Full on stop start.

Average Speed 23km/h

Manual BA XR8 (stock) = 21 L/100k's

Auto BFII XR6T (Modded to 305 RWKW) = 17.5 L/100k's

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

dude, it's a very personal thing... I had a BA turbo, sold it and bought an XR8 ute.

the XR8 is slower, but more fun in my opinion.

your best idea is to go and drive both and make up your OWN opinion.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
dude, it's a very personal thing... I had a BA turbo, sold it and bought an XR8 ute.

the XR8 is slower, but more fun in my opinion.

your best idea is to go and drive both and make up your OWN opinion.

well said, here is a comparison on the BF 06 6sp SA range:

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehic...mp;key=FORD06OC

I know those figures are run in a perfect world scenario but it gives you some idea on what you can expect on price and economy etc

T

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Try and test drive a modded T and 8 if possible cause theres a big difference than stock, and bang for your buck.

Edited by XRTPSI

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...