Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 04/09/07 01:58 PM Posted 04/09/07 01:58 PM It's been a while since I bought this thing 2005 BA MKII, but I'm sure the sound system is referred to as Premium Audio.What drives me nuts is that when you start the car, it always goes to a very low volume setting of 3, radio or CD stacker.Now the obvious answer is just to turn it off, but ffs there must be a 'trick' to have it stay at 0 if I turn the car off at 0 and then start it again?Cheers.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/09/07 08:33 PM Posted 04/09/07 08:33 PM I'm pretty sure that's how mine is, when I turn it on, it's on what it was when I turned it off
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 04/09/07 10:51 PM Author Posted 04/09/07 10:51 PM I'm pretty sure that's how mine is, when I turn it on, it's on what it was when I turned it off Nah, if the volume level when I turned the car on was what is was when I turned the car off I'd quit my bitchin'. If I have the volume at 5, 10, 15 or whatever, and turn off the car: When I restart the car it is the same as when I turned it off I.e. 5,10,15.The thing driving me nuts is that if I have the volume wound down to 0 (or 1,2), when I restart the car it has a volume level increased to 3.Make sense?I'm assuming there is some way of changing this behaviour like so many other things such as seat belt reminders and so forth.....
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 04/09/07 11:11 PM Author Posted 04/09/07 11:11 PM Ahh ha, we have an Audio forum, should have posted there.
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/09/07 11:20 PM Posted 04/09/07 11:20 PM Ahh ha, we have an Audio forum, should have posted there. Moved to Audio forum.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/09/07 12:36 AM Posted 05/09/07 12:36 AM Can't say I've ever noticed that feature...but why is it a problem? You can hardly hear anything on 3 anyway
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 05/09/07 12:39 AM Posted 05/09/07 12:39 AM its probably a default thing, so you know the stereo is actually on, rather than thinking its off because the volume is right down, just an idea
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 05/09/07 01:05 AM Posted 05/09/07 01:05 AM (edited) You can hardly hear anything on 3 anyway You can if u have a amp installed. Surely, there has to be a way to fix the default settings? Loud music is the last thing u want especially early in the morning!! Edited 05/09/07 01:13 AM by EXRLNT
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 05/09/07 01:13 AM Posted 05/09/07 01:13 AM I havent even noticed that it drops back to 3 every time I hope back in the car...are we talking about premium sound with the large colour screen, or the prestige sound with the smaller green lcd (or both?). Away from home ATM so cant check mine out.
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 05/09/07 03:15 AM Author Posted 05/09/07 03:15 AM I havent even noticed that it drops back to 3 every time I hope back in the car...are we talking about premium sound with the large colour screen, or the prestige sound with the smaller green lcd (or both?). Away from home ATM so cant check mine out.No, the large colour screen - premium.Doesn't drop BACK to 3. If you wind the volume to zero and switch off the car, it starts at 3 when you restart the car.Any higher levels than 3 when you switch off the car, it starts at that higher level - fair enough!I can't remember it being like this when I first had the car (then again, memory fades), but certainly for some time now.It's no biggie, just one of those anoyances.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now