RIP'S_PATCHES! Legacy Donating Member 337 Member For: 19y 5m 24d Gender: Male Posted 29/08/07 10:07 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:07 AM I just wanted to bust a myth, on wether or not a black intercooler actually cools better or gets rid of heat better than a polished or a silver cooler? is this true or a load of crap? the reason why im asking coz there are alot of vl turbos in the northern suburbs with polished coolers and they dont have a drama, is the T different?cheers!
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Posted 29/08/07 10:11 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:11 AM I always thougth black attracted heat, therefore I never understood why people paint them black ????
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 29/08/07 10:14 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:14 AM I belive it works both ways, black should dump more heat, how much more I dont know.
RIP'S_PATCHES! Legacy Donating Member 337 Member For: 19y 5m 24d Gender: Male Posted 29/08/07 10:18 AM Author Posted 29/08/07 10:18 AM I dont know, its confusing, as greeny said black attracts heat which also what ive hered in the past but for some unknown reason its meant to work mad as the colour of the cooler. I wonder what would happen if u painted it like a yellow?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/08/07 10:20 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:20 AM Citric coloured intramacoolers....could be on to a new trend there :banghead:
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 29/08/07 10:21 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:21 AM (edited) getting a bit anal arent we????am sure the black version would peform no better or worse then the silver version..its not like you mount it on your roof to attract the heat from the sun Edited 29/08/07 10:22 AM by jetute
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 29/08/07 10:22 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:22 AM I dont think I could bring myself to put paint on my shinny PW cooler.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/08/07 10:23 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:23 AM The darker the colour ther more light rays are absorbed and not reflected, hence the appearance of dark colour. Different colours dont attract different amounts of light, just reflect more or less. Hence darker colours heat up more.Given that I cannot see how a darker colour could shed more heat than a lighter colour. I belive that people paint intercoolers for stealth or other cosmetic reason, nothing to do with the abilty of it to do its job.ScottyPS Where is the hippy, that would debate everything?
RIP'S_PATCHES! Legacy Donating Member 337 Member For: 19y 5m 24d Gender: Male Posted 29/08/07 10:25 AM Author Posted 29/08/07 10:25 AM who's the hippy?
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 29/08/07 10:27 AM Posted 29/08/07 10:27 AM Radiators are painted black for a reason. Not cosmetics.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now