adzza17 Member 103 Member For: 19y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/08/07 09:21 AM Author Posted 15/08/07 09:21 AM Thankyou all for your repliesI am going away early tomorrow up to Gunnedah for work ( I'll have no computer either) and won't be driving my car till next Saturday when I come backI am getting my valve springs replaced on the Tuesday after I come back so I will tell my tuner all of the info you have given me and hopefully he can sort out If not I will get in contact with you our06T and Simon and have a chat and see what we can doThanks again Talk again in a week and a bitAdz
adzza17 Member 103 Member For: 19y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/10/07 10:50 AM Author Posted 01/10/07 10:50 AM Well I finally got my car sortedThanks Simon and our06T for your feedback I would never have known what it was, it was torque limiting among some other problems and now its all gone, my car is brand new againMark and the boys from Hills Motorsport at Castle Hill did all the work which fixed everything.While it was there I got Nizpro valve springs installed and got my CAPA box wiped of all previous tunes and retuned with some kick ass custom tunesIt turned out that my car had a computer swap sometime in its life ( Mark noticed different pop rivets holding the computer in place ) but Ford didn't match up the correct processor code, in which after custom tuning threw all the settings out, also screwing up my auto transmission shifts, changing from 2nd -3rd, 2nd gear would start to engage.The computer was taken back to ford and reflashed with the right code, all the settings went back to how they should have from newThe end result is f#@*kin awesome 240rwkw @ 10psi (100% better than my last custom tune & 10rwkw more), the gear changes are very aggressive and kicks the ass out a bit during gear change.Below is the after dyno graph
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 01/10/07 11:37 AM Posted 01/10/07 11:37 AM Is the car a MKI or a MKII.As I have been told ford used ECUs with T5 processor codes on later cars.There is a rather large dip in your mid range, did the tuner say anything about that.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 01/10/07 12:49 PM Posted 01/10/07 12:49 PM would the dip be a lazy actuator? this seems a bit strange... can you feel it when driving?
adzza17 Member 103 Member For: 19y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/10/07 09:59 AM Author Posted 02/10/07 09:59 AM Is the car a MKI or a MKII.As I have been told ford used ECUs with T5 processor codes on later cars.There is a rather large dip in your mid range, did the tuner say anything about that.It is a MKIYea I noticed thatI am going to see him on Saturday so I will ask him then what it is
adzza17 Member 103 Member For: 19y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/10/07 10:04 AM Author Posted 02/10/07 10:04 AM would the dip be a lazy actuator? this seems a bit strange... can you feel it when driving?Not sure, I'm going to ask him about it on SaturdayCannot feel it when driving, it hits 10psi and stays there till I take my foot off the pedal
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 02/10/07 10:39 AM Posted 02/10/07 10:39 AM hmmm, strange, good luck with it on saturday mate
adzza17 Member 103 Member For: 19y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/10/07 09:54 AM Author Posted 07/10/07 09:54 AM I saw my tuner on Saturday and asked him about the dip in the dyno graph, he said the tyres were slipping.He did about 6 runs and pulled it down tighter on the rollers each time but kept slipping.As I have cheapish tyres, the more runs he was doing the hotter the tyres were getting, making them soft and couldn't get traction on the rollers.
Wright'y Member 226 Member For: 22y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Darwin, NT Posted 08/10/07 11:35 AM Posted 08/10/07 11:35 AM Good to hear its all sorted. Enjoy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now