Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Good for nothing member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 12d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Anyone else been getting calls from these pests? I dont answer calls I dont know if anyone wants to get in touch with me they'll leave a message. But these pests have been ringin me about 5 times a day for 3 days. did a google search and apparently they are a dodgy mobile company http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...=cr%3DcountryAU

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

nah but I get weird calls every so often..

phone rings, then theres a couple of loud beeps almost like some kinda fax/modem sound but not like the normal one... usually happens for about 4 days once a month or so...

They appeared on my mofo phone bill as well so I called up telstra and they said they couldnt tell me who it was and couldnt stop it but they would stop charging me for it..

switched to iinet for my home phone same # and it stopped for a year but has now started again

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 14d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Fellas, try this

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

Australian Government Register to stop telemarketers ringing you. A guy I work with put me onto it. Not 100% sure if it works as I work FIFO but haven't got a telemarketer call yet on my week off.

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

Cheers for that hopefully that gets them of my back.

  • Team Velocity
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Margs WA
Posted

This is not a free service I think from memory it cost around $75

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
This is not a free service I think from memory it cost around $75

It is a free government service. You can even report telemarketing companies that continue to ring even though you have registered.

The number of crap calls to my home has dropped significantly.

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

it does take 30 days to kick in but it has worked for my household!

we still get 1 call ever 10-15 days... but that's better than 5 a week!

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

only problem with Do Not Call register is that charities are still allowed to call - in fact I think the amount of charity calls ive had has doubled since the register came out !!!!!!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nsw
Posted

it makes you feel bad telling him to f..k off when its for kids cancer.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted (edited)
only problem with Do Not Call register is that charities are still allowed to call - in fact I think the amount of charity calls ive had has doubled since the register came out !!!!!!!

I thank the Gods for my Silent Number !!!!!

Edited by f-wolf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...