Steffche Member 51 Member For: 19y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/07 05:48 AM Posted 15/06/07 05:48 AM Hi everyone,My first port...!!!I am in the process of looking around with intention of buying a brand new Ford Falcon XR?? = either XR6 turbo or XR8Problem is that I cannot decide...I just took a BF MKII XR6 turbo for a spin today with the salesman sitting in the front seat (actually he was pretty cool about me fangin it around a bit). It did go well...especially down in the low revs...but ran out of grunt very quickly I thought.I currently own an SV8 commodore, with only mild mods (ie, exhaust, intake pipe, CAI mods) nothing major, and it goes quite well also, but does lack in torque on take-off. I found the turbo pulled away beautifully from standing start.My problem is also, that I can't seem to arrange a test drive of an XR8, because no car yard has any in stock. So I haven't yet compared the two.What do ya's reckon???
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/07 05:50 AM Posted 15/06/07 05:50 AM Turbo all the way mate, you won't look back
jcooke Member 272 Member For: 20y 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 15/06/07 05:54 AM Posted 15/06/07 05:54 AM agreed, Xr6t for sure. When I went to purchase, I took a standard T for a drive, which was sooooo fast compared to the current car, a el farimont ghia with zorst. I then took an 11sec XR6T for spin and shazam, bought it.If you are planning on a couple little mids, similar to that of your commo, you get ALOT of bang for your buck.
Steffche Member 51 Member For: 19y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/07 05:57 AM Author Posted 15/06/07 05:57 AM agreed, Xr6t for sure. When I went to purchase, I took a standard T for a drive, which was sooooo fast compared to the current car, a el farimont ghia with zorst. I then took an 11sec XR6T for spin and shazam, bought it.If you are planning on a couple little mids, similar to that of your commo, you get ALOT of bang for your buck.What sort of cheap mods would be first on the list...and what $$ value for each if you dont mind...
teeg Member 372 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Location: SA Posted 15/06/07 06:01 AM Posted 15/06/07 06:01 AM About $1100 will buy you a flash tuner and a custom tune = about an extra 50 kw and 100 or so nm of torque. Can't match that with a V8.
Steffche Member 51 Member For: 19y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/07 06:14 AM Author Posted 15/06/07 06:14 AM About $1100 will buy you a flash tuner and a custom tune = about an extra 50 kw and 100 or so nm of torque. Can't match that with a V8.Excuse my ignorance, but what is a flash tuner? I understand the custom tune bit...What about exhaust? Is it ok, or is it as restrictive as the holdens was?Any cheaper DIY stuff?Just curious, as there was a few little things one could do with the LS1 intake assembly...nothing that a hole saw and a bit of PVC pipe couldn't fix...!
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/07 06:23 AM Posted 15/06/07 06:23 AM Excuse my ignorance, but what is a flash tuner? I understand the custom tune bit...What about exhaust? Is it ok, or is it as restrictive as the holdens was?Any cheaper DIY stuff?Just curious, as there was a few little things one could do with the LS1 intake assembly...nothing that a hole saw and a bit of PVC pipe couldn't fix...!Cheap is probably not the best word to be using when talking about modifing your car, a flash tune takes away alot of the restrictive crap that comes out on the standard ecu, there worth there weight in gold as far as modding an XR6T and are a good start. You can get them done a bit cheaper then $1100 I think
furioso Member 47 Member For: 19y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth W.A. Posted 15/06/07 06:28 AM Posted 15/06/07 06:28 AM lol I dont think ull be gettin too many xr8 votes here mate. xr6t all the way!
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 29d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 15/06/07 06:40 AM Posted 15/06/07 06:40 AM lol I dont think ull be gettin too many xr8 votes here mate. xr6t all the way! Turbo ALLLLLLLLLL they way
XR6IXT Legacy Donating Member 662 Member For: 21y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 15/06/07 06:43 AM Posted 15/06/07 06:43 AM XR6T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now