grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 27d Posted 30/03/07 11:53 PM Posted 30/03/07 11:53 PM Hi all. After a twin gauge pod. Xcite seem to look good. Not too keen on the SS. Phoon stuff looks real good but tripple. Phoon will you be doing twins? Then there is FPV but wont fit cobalt gauges I think.I basically love the look and am only really keen on the boost gauge side of things and will fill the other hole with whatever (AFR/oil etc).Which have people gone with and fits the best looking factory. I have seen the threads involving the above and think the xcite is the closest so far but one didnt look like it fitted properly.Thanks
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 9d Gender: Male Posted 31/03/07 01:15 AM Posted 31/03/07 01:15 AM Up in the air atm about whether I will do a double pod or not, need to get a ROI for the Tripod before I even consider and by then, most guys will probably have pods on there cars so I suspect that people wouldnt want to spend more money on changing over from either Miss Alys or SS just because I bring one out. As far as which one between miss Aly's or SS, both do the job. My personal preference of these two units would be the Miss Aly's as I dont like the screws in the top of the SS, but if that doesnt bother you, well you have a choice to make.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 31/03/07 02:18 AM Posted 31/03/07 02:18 AM SS ones look , Pole position is the go but if your after a 2 pods though then I would go Xcite or FPV if you can afford/justify the cost. p.s The Autometer cobalts do fit the FPV guage pods and with some clever work you can even fit the outer caps to the guages...Do a search for threads started by the forum member Headsex...He done this install with cobalts in his car and did a write up if that's the path you want to take.
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/03/07 02:22 AM Posted 31/03/07 02:22 AM I agree phoon's product looks awesome. Pictures don't really do it justice you really need to see it in the flesh. I'll be getting one of the 3 pod gauge holders soon.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/03/07 02:44 AM Posted 31/03/07 02:44 AM Superb looking pod
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 31/03/07 04:12 AM Posted 31/03/07 04:12 AM The Tripod is on my wish list too, nothing else in the after market comes close.
LTS60 They see me rolllin n hatin... Member 427 Member For: 20y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/03/07 06:00 AM Posted 31/03/07 06:00 AM I got miss Alys twin pod with cobalts in there. And I m happy with them.Russ
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 9d Gender: Male Posted 01/04/07 08:06 AM Posted 01/04/07 08:06 AM Cheers for the comments guys, the TRIPODS were designed to be more factory fit and quality than anything else on the market, with the extra pod, but as I said, if I was going for a 2 gauge unit, it would be the Miss Aly unit over the ss unit. CheersJeff
howitzer85 Member 241 Member For: 19y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: The marsh... Posted 01/04/07 11:37 AM Posted 01/04/07 11:37 AM (edited) What would be a good choice for the 3rd gauge though??? I know boost and oil pressure are a must, and I've heard that the air/fuel is just a glorified disco light. I love the look of the tripod but I cant think of a 3rd practical gauge that's needed. Edited 01/04/07 11:38 AM by howitzer85
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/04/07 11:44 AM Posted 01/04/07 11:44 AM Maybe a shift light, a radar detector, to of the top of my head.Scotty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now