Meguiars Polish

DavoXT

• Member For: 21y 2m 28d

I generally use good quality nappies on my old car.

But I have just bought a "Maguires polishing cloth" to see how it compares (only the best for the Turbo)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 5d

Meguiars are one of if not the best makers of car vcare products. that's why you will see they are fully endorsed by Lambourgini, Lotus, Ferrari etc

Their car wash gel/liquid is very good too (the pink stuff) as its made to "sheet off" the car when you are finished. Follow the directions closely and you will find your drying effort of the car afterwards is about cut in half.

One of their best products for a real polish is they Yellow Wax in a tin. Its easy to put on, but like any good proper wax a bit hardish to get off. (The more effort you put on buffng it, the better the result). Its a non-accumulating product: you dont ebd up with layer on layer on layer of it on your car after using it.

It lasts for ages. Is so smooth when you are done that one day on my old car (with stuffed duco) I put a large slurpee cup in the middle of the roof and it 'walked" off the side of the car and fell on the ground!

For a quick result use the wet look. For a proper lasting polish use the yellow wax. Spend a couple of hours doing it, and you will be happy for ages. Just give your car a quick rinse/wash once a week or so and it returns to the perfect polish look again as little will stick to the polish layer. It keeps doing that for months.

If you want to go to the next level after that, use Porzelack. (I think that's how its spelled). Im not sure if its still available in Australia (probably is) but that stuff is better than anything Ive ever seen, by far.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d
I generally use good quality nappies on my old car.

Not used ones I hope! :lol: (Sorry couldn't resist! :unsure: )

Does anyone know the difference between the Meguiers Gold Wash and the pink stuff (Soft Gel?)? I use the Gold stuff on my car, it's a few bucks more but it makes the car quite shiny. I haven't used the pink stuff.

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 23d

I use the Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo as well, find it excellent in preserving the paint and how dirt just lifts off, the only trouble is I'm finding myself washing the same area 2-3 times after a weeks crap has been sitting on the car. The good thing is that at least I know to rinse the sponge unlike any other shampoo/car wash I've ever used. It's a little harsher that what BBF suggested, (Baby Shampoo), but I cannot bring myself to washing a car with baby shampoo????

With what I'm hearing, I'm tempted to use the Meguiars "Wet look" polish.

Thanx guys.

I've always used Polyglaze Diamond finish to start with twice or three times to build up a good coat then change to Nu-Finish. Have had excellent results (even over the 'Ming') but willing to try something new. if it kicks arse.

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

They're both good products, the gold one froths up a bit more is all I've noticed. Oh yeah and its soft on your hands (you know your soaking in it!!!) there that's showing my age :D

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 9d

I've been using meguiars products on my jewel green XW falc for nearly 7 years and it still looks like new. Another good polish in their range is the show car glaze (I agree wet look is also fantastic). I follow-up the show car glaze with the liquid carnuba wax. Car wash used is the soft wash. Meguiars now have released a new polishing cloth made from micofibre and it is a revelation IMO. I used it for the first time preparing my XW for the Bris Hot Rods Show and the terry-towelling cloths I have used in the past (also meguiars) pale in comparison. They are about $10 each, but definitely worth it. They don't clog up as easily and wash very well in the normal washing machine. There are two types, the polishing cloth (blue) and the detailing cloth (green), however, we had a meguiars rep come to one of our club meetings and he told us that they are exactly the same. The reason they are titled different, besides the obvious, is to make sure people use a separate cloth for polishing as opposed to using the same one that they just cleaned their windows with.

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 23d

Thanx for your input guys. Well I've just purchased the wetlook. 'Operation shine' will happen on Wednesday, have to work tomorrow, weather permitting. I'll post my opinion.

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

Just tried the Cleaner Wax in the tin, bloody great result. b!tch to get off but, used the grey Meguires cloth made the job easier, but the end result is definately worth the effort.

Now the missus wants me to do her red Celica, once only babe as I'm curious how it goes on the solid colour.

Guest tango
  • Guests

I am just reading your post - thanks for your thoughts. I am wondering myself, when is it recommended to give the car the first wax? Does Ford apply wax upon completion? I've had my ute for a week and the finish is obviously still great, but doesn't seem to glide as freely as I would expect with a new paint job or after waxing.