1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 05/06/03 09:43 AM Posted 05/06/03 09:43 AM that's wishfull thinking
chrislak Legacy Donating Member 400 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: Sydney Posted 05/06/03 04:10 PM Posted 05/06/03 04:10 PM Not exactly sure, my dealer told me they did a recal ( No - prgc264) something to do with the steering column.
Guest OXR-747 Guests Posted 05/06/03 09:28 PM Posted 05/06/03 09:28 PM Yeah they said something about checking my stearing column when I had the rotors machined. It was fine!
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 06/06/03 02:51 AM Posted 06/06/03 02:51 AM thanks guysthat helps heaps
chrislak Legacy Donating Member 400 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: Sydney Posted 09/06/03 12:10 PM Posted 09/06/03 12:10 PM I think everyone that is experiencing brake problems should ring Ford customer line and ask them why Ford doesn't offer us the premium brakes. I'd consider paying a discount rate to rid my car of the problem.What do you guys think?
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 09/06/03 12:40 PM Posted 09/06/03 12:40 PM What do you guys think?I think you have bucklies and nun of that ever happening. :D
Guest esky Guests Posted 09/06/03 10:02 PM Posted 09/06/03 10:02 PM I think everyone that is experiencing brake problems should ring Ford customer line and ask them why Ford doesn't offer us the premium brakes. I'd consider paying a discount rate to rid my car of the problem.What do you guys think? Well I wouldn't want the PBR premiums. That are not that much better than the standard PBRs, and I'd rather pay about the same(ish) for some DBA stoppers. Some people have been whinning about Ford not replacing their rotors. I dont see the point to that, because it is very likely they are only going to warp anyway.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 10/06/03 07:06 AM Posted 10/06/03 07:06 AM I think they don't just want new disks. they want the Bl---dy problem fixed.it's starting to get dangerous.try stopping fast when your doing 110k/ph and you think your front wheels are going to fall off
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 12/06/03 07:33 AM Posted 12/06/03 07:33 AM I'm suprised by all this disc machining. Is everyone getting the dealer to do it? Why after so few klms do you need the discs machined unless you drive with your foot on the brake? If the problem was this bad, Ford would have to admit a faulty design.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 12/06/03 07:40 AM Posted 12/06/03 07:40 AM I can tell you I hardly use the brakes and I have never had this problem with any of the vehicles I've owed before. all fords, never owned anything but.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now