Jump to content

BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE


Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 22d
  • Location: Dalby Qld
Posted

Have not noticed any problem untill this week going down the Toowoomba Range (Not riding the brakes) bit of a stab now and again to keep to the 60km limit and in 3rd gear and it was starting to show a bit of shudder that shouldn'd be there.

Done just over 9000 km

Will keep informed.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

As you guys may already know I have replaced my front rotors with DBA slotted several weeks ago, last week I also had all my brake pads front and rear replaced with BENDIX ULTIMATE.

Over the weekend I had to try and make them shudder, to my suprise nothing happened every time a braked the car would slow down no fade no shudder.

When my car had 1500km (Ford original rotors) on the clock I drove through the same stretch of road where the car started to shudder about half distance to my destination.

This weekend I was able to complete the distance turn around and go back to where I first began and I still had full braking and no shudder and no fade, the hotter the brakes got the better they seemed to work.

There maybe a few sceptics out there but believe me with out mentioning any speeds I reached through this stretch of roads which consisted of 25km/h bends, straights, hills use your imagination, I was not driving miss daisy if you get what I mean and I still had brakes with out any shudder or fade.

All I can say if you guys are sick of this problem go out buy a set of DBA rotors and an all round set of BENDIX ULTIMATE pads, you will not regret it.

Now my XR6 Turbo brakes the way it should :o

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
As you guys may already know I have replaced my front rotors with DBA slotted several weeks ago, last week I also had all my brake pads front and rear replaced with BENDIX ULTIMATE.

Over the weekend I had to try and make them shudder, to my suprise nothing happened every time a braked the car would slow down no fade no shudder.

When my car had 1500km (Ford original rotors) on the clock I drove through the same stretch of road where the car started to shudder about half distance to my destination.

This weekend I was able to complete the distance turn around and go back to where I first began and I still had full braking and no shudder and no fade, the hotter the brakes got the better they seemed to work.

There maybe a few sceptics out there but believe me with out mentioning any speeds I reached through this stretch of roads which consisted of 25km/h bends, straights, hills use your imagination, I was not driving miss daisy if you get what I mean and I still had brakes with out any shudder or fade.

All I can say if you guys are sick of this problem go out buy a set of DBA rotors and an all round set of BENDIX ULTIMATE pads, you will not regret it.

Now my XR6 Turbo brakes the way it should :bookworm:

Chrislak, what was the cost for the DBA rotors and the pads, and how much to have them fitted? :o

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted

Count me as a sceptic. I think I'd wait until I'd done at least 5 or 6 thousand k's before reaching any conclusions, especially if you have to lay out $$$. A couple of weeks, one week for the new pads, does not sound too convincing.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

[Chrislak, what was the cost for the DBA rotors and the pads, and how much to have them fitted?]

The rotors where about $200 each installed and the pads have not been paid for, got them through a friend of a friend, apparently yo can get them from REPCO.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

aniken, maybe we should meet up and I'll take you for a drive to see what I mean. All I can really go by at the moment is my first impression and the mentioned combo work very good.

The DBA rotors have been in my car for about 2000k's now with most of those k's done with the standard pads and only a few hundred k's with the BENDIX ULTIMATE pads and what more can I say a very big difference.

I agree only time will tell and you guys will be the first to know if something does go wrong after 5 or 6000k's, but after the torture the brake's had this weekend I dont think they will ever worp or fade, because I know for a fact that I wont be driving the way I did and for the duration on normal sydney street, unless I rob a bank and I'm trying to get away from the police. :D

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted
aniken, maybe we should meet up and I'll take you for a drive to see what I mean. All I can really go by at the moment is my first impression and the mentioned combo work very good.

The DBA rotors have been in my car for about 2000k's now with most of those k's done with the standard pads and only a few hundred k's with the BENDIX ULTIMATE pads and what more can I say a very big difference.

I agree only time will tell and you guys will be the first to know if something does go wrong after 5 or 6000k's, but after the torture the brake's had this weekend I dont think they will ever worp or fade, because I know for a fact that I wont be driving the way I did and for the duration on normal sydney street, unless I rob a bank and I'm trying to get away from the police. :D

Wasn't questioning that they are good brakes - sound v. good in fact. Just meant it might be a bit early to call it a fix (long-term) for the shudder problem - although hopefully it is, cause my shudder is giving me the sh!ts!

  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 23y 2m 1d
Posted

Interesting Topic .. I am 2 weeks off delivery of new XR6 Turbo, and have been relying on taxis and trams. Early this week I hailed an BA cab and asked his opinion on the car. All very positive, except for warping of the disks. His disks warped at 10k k's. The answer from Ford was along the lines of " as long as its under warranty we'll fix it"

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
Posted

After 12000 klms mine weren't too bad, every now and then depending it seemed on the pressure applied I would be able to feel a little shudder. I have felt worse on late model Commodores (from work).

Si I mentioned it when I put the car in for the front windscreen fix. They machined the front disks without asking any questions. When is the supposed fix coming?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...