Guest squizy Guests Posted 29/03/04 04:13 AM Posted 29/03/04 04:13 AM NEWBIE! ... so what sort of name is squizy, squazy, squirty anyway? That rash is coming back ... :( Thanks for the Welcome! Squizy is an old nickname gleaned from my surname. Been reading the board for a while but never posted. A great source of information. FYI just had my disks done at 25,000 kms - the shudder hasn't come back yet. Ford dealer was honest - but would really like to see a full fix and explanation from Ford H.O. We all bought in good faith, and I believe Ford should show equal good faith.Squiz......
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 30/03/04 04:19 AM Posted 30/03/04 04:19 AM In high school a squizy was a 'certain' type of magazine we lads used to aquire..... ps. Slotted DBA's and Ferodo Formulas still going well here....almost 7500kms....I reckon if I make it to 20000 I'm home free....
Guest Guests Posted 30/03/04 06:17 AM Posted 30/03/04 06:17 AM Well my ultimates started squeeling today,300k on them,looks like same old story.Does any one know if QFM are making premo pads yet???vik
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 30/03/04 08:03 AM Posted 30/03/04 08:03 AM Well my ultimates started squeeling today,300k on them,looks like same old story.Does any one know if QFM are making premo pads yet???vik Don't think so bud. Just got mine today for the stockers, putting 'em on ThursdayScotty
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 30/03/04 11:09 PM Posted 30/03/04 11:09 PM which version of the QFM's are you guys getting? There seems to be a few available, including a performance type, which I'm guessing is like a Ferodo Formula one.
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 30/03/04 11:45 PM Posted 30/03/04 11:45 PM I have an Oct '03 build and have stock brakes. Have done 8300 approx. and no shudder but have just noticed that I have a faint squeel to them that has just started. I am not too easy on them but at the same time I havn't taken it around Queensland Raceway or anything. Have had fade a few times with spirited driving but not too bad that there is no stopping but had to let them cool a little. Has anyone else still going ok with the later build cars?
XR6TOLDIE Member 37 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Location: Brisbane Posted 01/04/04 02:36 AM Posted 01/04/04 02:36 AM Has anyone else still going ok with the later build cars? I have only done approx. 2000 in my Feb 04 build but nothing so farNo shudder or squeal
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 01/04/04 05:04 AM Posted 01/04/04 05:04 AM Had my rotors machined today for the 2nd at 31k's new shims fitted & QFM's as well. Hadn't been machined since 14k's. They weren't real; bad but I wanted to put the QFM's on.Scotty
Cassius Member 214 Member For: 23y 3m 27d Location: Ipswich...along the goat track Posted 02/04/04 01:48 AM Posted 02/04/04 01:48 AM (edited) Had my rotors machined today for the 2nd at 31k's new shims fitted & QFM's as well. Hadn't been machined since 14k's. They weren't real; bad but I wanted to put the QFM's on.ScottyKeep us posted on how you go with 'em. I know Ian's hasnt had any problems with QFM pads and will be good to see how another member with different driving styles go. CheersClay Edited 02/04/04 01:50 AM by Cassius
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 02/04/04 01:52 AM Posted 02/04/04 01:52 AM Mine only had the tiniest of shidder & I'm glad it is gone. I do feel sorry for those with big dramas. Loving the smell of those new padsScotty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now