Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/02/07 12:24 AM Posted 23/02/07 12:24 AM I think I am finding the limit of my stock pistons For a few weeks I have had a very faint piston knock, hardly noticable, but definitely there, but I put it down to nothing more than normal niose (recognising that I'm fussy)Last night I went for a run, nothing crazy, and returned home with a little more knock, and definite blowby on the piston, as there is smoke coming out of the PCV vent, and compression is down on cylinder 5.Always knew that 360 rwkw was pushing my luck, and I actually think the damage was done months ago at the drags, where I melted the spark plug in that cylinder.Simon has done a lot of work on getting forged piston engines to run as quiet as a stockie, and he is going to work with me on getting a set of quiet forged pistons and a new block ready soon.This will be making the change-over quick and relatively painless, as I already have Kostecki oil gears, and custom Atomic rods in my engine. I guess this has been a SLO (Significant Learning Opportunity) as my neighbour puts it
Guest Guests Posted 23/02/07 02:58 AM Posted 23/02/07 02:58 AM Tough luck mate. How long have you been running that power?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/02/07 03:03 AM Posted 23/02/07 03:03 AM ...does that mean your a no show for the cruise now?
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/02/07 03:05 AM Author Posted 23/02/07 03:05 AM The engine has been producing 345 rwkw since about mid last year, and 360rwkw for 3 - 4 weeks.Car still goes pretty well, but obviously something is not 100%
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/02/07 03:25 AM Posted 23/02/07 03:25 AM Those being stock F6 pistons? Or are they the same at T ones?More downtime must be a pain though
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/02/07 03:28 AM Author Posted 23/02/07 03:28 AM F6 and T pistons are identical.Car still runs OK, so it will hopefully be a matter of 1 weekend to do the block/piston swap when they are ready, so it's not too bad You wanna lend a hand ...does that mean your a no show for the cruise now?←I'll be there As I said, this has been progressive over quite some time, so I dont think it will break any time soon, just have to be a bit careful with the happy pedal
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/02/07 03:35 AM Posted 23/02/07 03:35 AM If I can help in any way mate I will...
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/02/07 03:42 AM Posted 23/02/07 03:42 AM I can foresee another Sunday arvo in Allan's shed drinking Allan's beer..... .... Hang on to the extension and wobbly socket Al looks like your going to need it....again....
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/02/07 03:44 AM Posted 23/02/07 03:44 AM lol
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/02/07 03:49 AM Posted 23/02/07 03:49 AM As I said, this has been progressive over quite some time, so I dont think it will break any time soon, just have to be a bit careful with the happy pedal ←That's easier said than done
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now