Edit Problems

Guest Boony_1981

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 5m 29d
I dunno, all the exhaust was checked and was fine.

Just for your interest, Ford are going to charge $99 an hour to re-flash the car! They couldn't give me a definate price.

Should be $99 divided by 4. cos it would only take 15 minutes max!

But knowing Ford, they will multiply it by 4 just for the sake of it.

If the mechanic tried an aftermarket boost control and it still didn't boost I would be ruling out the ECU for now. Look for exhaust blockages (stopping the turbo from spooling up) or even exhaust leaks (before the turbo).

I would also not rule out the turbo itself.

How did he get the 5psi out of thr turbo on some runs? If your mechanic spent 7 hours and couldn't find it I would try a different mechanic.

Rob.

• Member For: 17y 2m 6d
How did he get the 5psi out of thr turbo on some runs? If your mechanic spent 7 hours and couldn't find it I would try a different mechanic.

It's an intermitent problem. Sometimes you turn the car on and you get 5psi, but most of the time it runs like :roflmbo:. And sometimes the car doesn't start at all, it completely shuts down.....no lights or electrics.

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 2m 11d

yeh im still guessing pipework.. I loaded the capa flash a few days ago and first time under boost BANG lol scared the sh*t outa me but the piping had come off the crossover... give it a good check and a wriggle, could look on but just sitting there

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 14d
yeh im still guessing pipework.. I loaded the capa flash a few days ago and first time under boost BANG lol scared the sh*t outa me but the piping had come off the crossover... give it a good check and a wriggle, could look on but just sitting there

:spoton: