Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nsw
Posted
just wondering where you got the softer spring from as I have put an aftermarket bov on mine and it seems as there isn't enough pressure for the bov to open properly

I used an su carby spring using the tuning kit from my old datto I think it was a number 7.

bunnings have heaps of cheap springs too of all different sizes and tensions.

  • 5 years later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide S.A
Posted

Sorry to bring up an ancient thread. But in simple to block the bov I get a 1" stopper an put it in the bov hole and bloke the vacuum line with a nail or something? That it?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide S.A
Posted

9C20DF90-5670-4840-A1F5-8AB1D4279A4C-242

The vacuum line is the one coming out on the right with writing on it yeh? Sorry new to this sh*t

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted

Yes, sure is. you want it blocked to avoid sucking dust n junk into your engine.

Chair stoppers for the other big hoses and your done.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide S.A
Posted

Thanks hawlass. Do I need two chair stoppers. One for the pipe on the left and the one with the clamp. Or just the one with the clamp

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

If you want to retain the factory look, you can use 2 X 600ml coke bottle lids. I removed the ridges on the lids ( with a smooth finish, but its not really necessary, so I could get them out of the hosing easier). Put them over both of the crossover outlets and placed hosing back on and clamped where the lids are. Easy, 100% effective and looks just like factory except thr clamps are closer to the end.

Cheers

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 13d
Posted

Don't the chair stoppers come in a 4 pack lol useful if you have a walking stick to use the spares on ....

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 18d
Posted

I used chair stoppers from bunnings and some hose clamps. 10 min job removing the stock bov.

post-50285-0-53628200-1360128084_thumb.jpost-50285-0-19512000-1360128132_thumb.jpost-50285-0-62522400-1360128178_thumb.j

Excuse the plenum it hasn't been sandblasted yet. Work in progress.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...