scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 14/02/07 12:49 PM Posted 14/02/07 12:49 PM Picked up my new Jan 07 build BF II XR6T 6 speed today. The 6 speed auto is a quantum leap from the old 4 speed. The car feels fast ... especially when launching.When I got home from the dealer I fitted the Advanti 18"s that have been sitting in the garage for two months waiting for the new T ... so I will have a set of standard alloys with brand new tyres (50km only) to sell on the forum.Just went out in it after dark and was absolutely stunned that the window switches are now back to how they were in the BA Mark I ... no illumination! Am I right in thinking that Ford did put the illumination in BA Mark II and now they have taken it out again! I'm pi**ed off that I have to go through the hassles of soldering in the LED's and resistors again. It's fiddly work and easy to damage the switches if your not careful.Still shaking my head,Scott
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 14/02/07 01:59 PM Posted 14/02/07 01:59 PM just a ploy to make the car cheaper, Ford have removed stuff they think you wont miss, its all about the bottom line
Morkuzxr6t Member 4 Member For: 23y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/02/07 07:59 PM Posted 14/02/07 07:59 PM That is odd then. I have a BA 2002 T and the switch on the drivers door lights up .... hmmmm
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/02/07 08:22 PM Posted 14/02/07 08:22 PM I would complain to your dealer unless you were told they would be deleted.I have not heard about anything that has been deleted on the BFII's, but it would not suprise me as we had to get an older Territory due to several items being deleted.Funny how Ford will tell you all about the features, but keep the deletions quiet.I am sure 13FORD may be able to give you a better idea, but ask for a list of ALL the items that have been deleted.
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 10m 29d Gender: Male Posted 14/02/07 09:40 PM Posted 14/02/07 09:40 PM I'm looking at placing an order for a Territory Ghia - complete WITHOUT the auto dimming mirror and driver memory seat which were deleted as of last October.I'm yet to see either any addiitons or a price reduction to even up the value equation. Not surprised about the window switches but it is certainly hard not to feel you've been short changed.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/02/07 09:54 PM Posted 14/02/07 09:54 PM Congratulations on the new car but that seems a bit strange on the switches. Give your dealer a call and see what he can tell you. Maybe they have removed them
Slash737 Member 107 Member For: 21y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: western melbourne Posted 14/02/07 11:58 PM Posted 14/02/07 11:58 PM yeah its just plain wrong not having the switches light up. my nov. built bf2 was the same. I got in contact with aumat and he fixed them up for me. now it looks like the way it shouldve left the factory.
XRT68 Member 49 Member For: 19y 10m 12d Posted 15/02/07 12:20 AM Posted 15/02/07 12:20 AM Did you get a Luxury Pack? I beleive the illumination only comes with that.But I have a BFII Ute with a Luxury Pack but no illumination on the switches...
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 15/02/07 01:16 AM Author Posted 15/02/07 01:16 AM No didn't order the luxury pack.I've sent an email to the dealer asking for them to find out what the specification is these days. I just assumed (wrongly) that the illumination thing had been resolved. We all complained back in early 2003 about the non illuminated switches in the BA MkI Turbo's. I know they had started putting them into the Mk II's ... I'm just amazed they would now take them out.I 'spose I had better brush up my soldering skills again.Cheers,Scott
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 13d Location: Qld Posted 15/02/07 04:56 AM Posted 15/02/07 04:56 AM Picked up my new Jan 07 build BF II XR6T 6 speed today. The 6 speed auto is a quantum leap from the old 4 speed. The car feels fast ... especially when launching.When I got home from the dealer I fitted the Advanti 18"s that have been sitting in the garage for two months waiting for the new T ... so I will have a set of standard alloys with brand new tyres (50km only) to sell on the forum.Just went out in it after dark and was absolutely stunned that the window switches are now back to how they were in the BA Mark I ... no illumination! Am I right in thinking that Ford did put the illumination in BA Mark II and now they have taken it out again! I'm pi**ed off that I have to go through the hassles of soldering in the LED's and resistors again. It's fiddly work and easy to damage the switches if your not careful.Still shaking my head,Scott←I have a Nov/05 BF & the front & rear light up!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now