Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/02/07 10:44 PM Posted 05/02/07 10:44 PM Good choice on the E-Boost2 mate. I have one on my car and there great... Im in the process of setting up different boost maps for 1st,2nd and 3rd gears to get more traction. Do you still need to mod the wastgate if your going to run the eboost? Bear in mind that if you go to a higher pressure spring that'l be the lowest boost you'l be able to run.
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 5d Posted 05/02/07 10:55 PM Posted 05/02/07 10:55 PM We have found the issue - Headsex was on it.Well done Danny..I have seen a few Headsex tuning stickers around Melbourne in the last few weeks.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 05/02/07 11:18 PM Posted 05/02/07 11:18 PM We have found the issue - Headsex was on it.Well done Danny..I have seen a few Headsex tuning stickers around Melbourne in the last few weeks.←I'm always on the case.. But being realistic.. these sorts of problems associated with boost control and the wastegate differences makes it hard for "mail order tunes". I have knocked back 2 tunes in different states because I will never see if my tune is running as intended.. Could be boosting too much, too little, etc etc.If it was a v8. different storyAnd yes.. there's a number of my tunes getting around the streets of melbourne..
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Location: North Brisbane Posted 06/02/07 12:35 AM Author Posted 06/02/07 12:35 AM Good choice on the E-Boost2 mate. I have one on my car and there great... Im in the process of setting up different boost maps for 1st,2nd and 3rd gears to get more traction. Do you still need to mod the wastgate if your going to run the eboost? Bear in mind that if you go to a higher pressure spring that'l be the lowest boost you'l be able to run. ←My wastegate is an external Tial mate, so no need to mod it. The EBC's work better with the external gates as they have two chambers on the gate that are both utilised when hooking up an EBC and you get better results using both the chambers - apparently.If I run the eboost straight up, I don't even have to change the spring that is in it - the eboost will run the boost, not the ecu. However, I want it running right this weekend and I certainly do not feel like working on this car one minute longer. I might actually even outsource the ebc install - complete with a 2000rpm rev limit in place just in case anyone gets joyriding ideas......I will be interested to hear about you progress for difference boost levels for different gears and how you are going about it. Because let me tell you, I don't think this thing is going to have much traction as is in any of the first 4 gears........... Goody!!
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/02/07 01:47 AM Posted 06/02/07 01:47 AM Mate the e-boost is super simple to install only took me about 2 hours... You have to earth out a series of wires to tell the E-Boost which profile you want to use so im thinking a couple of micro switches that as contacted by the gearstick should do the trick...
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Location: North Brisbane Posted 06/02/07 02:47 AM Author Posted 06/02/07 02:47 AM Mate the e-boost is super simple to install only took me about 2 hours... You have to earth out a series of wires to tell the E-Boost which profile you want to use so im thinking a couple of micro switches that as contacted by the gearstick should do the trick... ←Geezus - about the micro switches...........Stuff it. I'm just gonna let the thing spin. Buy myself a six pack (of tyres) and enjoy the ride! Better get myself an eboost2 now.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Location: North Brisbane Posted 06/02/07 03:21 AM Author Posted 06/02/07 03:21 AM We have found the issue - Headsex was on it.Well done Danny..I have seen a few Headsex tuning stickers around Melbourne in the last few weeks.←I'm always on the case.. But being realistic.. these sorts of problems associated with boost control and the wastegate differences makes it hard for "mail order tunes". I have knocked back 2 tunes in different states because I will never see if my tune is running as intended.. Could be boosting too much, too little, etc etc.If it was a v8. different storyAnd yes.. there's a number of my tunes getting around the streets of melbourne..←Here is an interesting bit of info I would have like a little while ago................I rang GCG as they stock Tial's and asked the simple question, "When you order a Tial 44mm external wastegate, what spring does it come with?" The answer? "Either a 7psi or 14psi mate."Anyone want to guess who has the 7 and who got the 14 ????????????????? I will give you a hint - Simon has approximately 7psi more boost on board than I do..........Anyway, I have ordered the 14 psi spring and will be here tomorrow. Hopefully I will have time to test it in the morning before I head away for the rest of the week.I would sincerely like to thank everyone who has contributed and helped with ideas - all of them. Much appreciated!
Paul@eliteauto Member 843 Member For: 20y 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/02/07 04:18 AM Posted 06/02/07 04:18 AM Good to see you are getting on top of it Shane and you can get behind the wheel and make yourself laugh! And me too when you take me for a spin! I laughed before, I 'll piss myself laughing now! Cheers Paul
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Location: North Brisbane Posted 06/02/07 06:11 AM Author Posted 06/02/07 06:11 AM Not on the seat mate.......
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/02/07 08:34 AM Posted 06/02/07 08:34 AM Great news Shane! Does this mean I will be able to finally see it at the dyno day? Looks like you will have to start to charge for rides since so many people are asking for them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now