snail Member 83 Member For: 21y 2m 6d Location: Perth WA Posted 26/01/07 06:32 AM Posted 26/01/07 06:32 AM I am looking at purchasing a car which would be used to tow a caravan (1.6 t ) around australia. My T will stay snug as a bug in the garage by the way. I wont need huge off road ability - just a gravel road and the usual corregations!Now I dont know anything which rivals the dynamics of the Terri- braking, handling, swerve + recover, towing ability,etc........... but one thing is missing as far as I am concerned - a diesel which brings economy and longevity to the donk.Does anyone here have any news on if or when this is coming? Cheers with beers, Snail
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 27d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 26/01/07 08:28 AM Posted 26/01/07 08:28 AM (edited) Latest that I heard is they are still testing and are going to wait untill the new shape Edited 26/01/07 08:28 AM by revheadrobbo
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/01/07 08:57 AM Posted 26/01/07 08:57 AM Snail, you need to get a Territory with the SNAIL bolted tothe side of the 4lt motor....aka a Turbo Territory.It will pull your caravan like it was not there, but it will drink the fuel, but it would be fun blowing the doors off a V6 commie while towing a caravan
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 26/01/07 09:05 AM Posted 26/01/07 09:05 AM New shape I heard also..but whens that due?
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 26/01/07 09:18 AM Posted 26/01/07 09:18 AM They just need a good ole V8 in em.
snail Member 83 Member For: 21y 2m 6d Location: Perth WA Posted 26/01/07 12:44 PM Author Posted 26/01/07 12:44 PM I really need an alternative to a kluger or Pajero diesel rather than blow their pants off ( which would be fun) but I need reliability - they've got them ( diesels ) in the jag why not in the terri?Snail
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 26/01/07 02:12 PM Posted 26/01/07 02:12 PM (edited) X5?Or a Triton? Edited 26/01/07 02:12 PM by XXXR6T
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: City Posted 26/01/07 02:17 PM Posted 26/01/07 02:17 PM Go for a new Land Rover Disco diesel I hear they are pretty damn good.
snail Member 83 Member For: 21y 2m 6d Location: Perth WA Posted 28/01/07 12:21 PM Author Posted 28/01/07 12:21 PM Go for a new Land Rover Disco diesel I hear they are pretty damn good.←that's my point....last time I looked Ford owns landrover and jag....why not use those v6 TD's? Snail
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/01/07 01:02 PM Posted 28/01/07 01:02 PM They just need a good ole V8 in em.←Too bad they don't have one that's any good.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now