stev3n Member 41 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Posted 15/01/07 11:19 PM Posted 15/01/07 11:19 PM After 140 000 kms my (4 yo at the time) XG 4.0litre Ford ute blew a head gasket.When repairing it I discovered that one head bolt had been snapped.The discoloured material indicated that this had not happened recently.I rekon this happened on a Friday at Broadmeadows.I hope Ford are taking more care wit head bolts,now they have a turbo option.
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 23d Posted 17/01/07 04:38 AM Author Posted 17/01/07 04:38 AM Here's A Disaster story for you...Country Roads...The road in which I travel to work everyday has grain trucks, Transport trucks and on the odd occasion a tractor or two, or cattle... By far though, the worst hazard are the pot holes out here...these photos show the result of one such pothole which caused me grief quite some grief.... Council workers and the councils themselves must be doing something with all the rate money... I just can't figure out what though... Maybe they might stop shovel leaning out here and do some work\ or not....- Dan
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 17/01/07 06:39 AM Posted 17/01/07 06:39 AM pots holes to hell!!
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 17/01/07 06:56 AM Posted 17/01/07 06:56 AM Here's A Disaster story for you...Country Roads...The road in which I travel to work everyday has grain trucks, Transport trucks and on the odd occasion a tractor or two, or cattle... By far though, the worst hazard are the pot holes out here...these photos show the result of one such pothole which caused me grief quite some grief.... Council workers and the councils themselves must be doing something with all the rate money... I just can't figure out what though... Maybe they might stop shovel leaning out here and do some work\ or not....- Dan←Pot holes are becomming our worst enemy on the roads I think these days. that's one big hit to ya rims.
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 17/01/07 11:33 AM Posted 17/01/07 11:33 AM I would be fumming, new trye and new rim needed after running into what ever mine hole that was
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 17/01/07 11:35 AM Posted 17/01/07 11:35 AM I would be fumming, new trye and new rim needed after running into what ever mine hole that was←Yes very ouch
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/07 01:22 PM Posted 17/01/07 01:22 PM Here's A Disaster story for you...Country Roads...The road in which I travel to work everyday has grain trucks, Transport trucks and on the odd occasion a tractor or two, or cattle... By far though, the worst hazard are the pot holes out here...these photos show the result of one such pothole which caused me grief quite some grief.... Council workers and the councils themselves must be doing something with all the rate money... I just can't figure out what though... Maybe they might stop shovel leaning out here and do some work\ or not....- Dan←Write em a letter, ring them and go see them and make them pay for the repairs. you have right to ask as you pay your rates and they are supposed to provide you with safe driving surfaces.
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 23d Posted 18/01/07 04:09 AM Author Posted 18/01/07 04:09 AM Thanks for the helpful advice but I sorted it out myself... quite a few people have told me to do this... Must actually work...Where's the stories from the NA Fraternity?
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 18/01/07 05:51 AM Posted 18/01/07 05:51 AM So one morning im surpose to take my ute to AutoTech to get a new clutch and a new tune. Only problem was I could'nt find the Flash Tuner anywhere I thought it was a long shot, I might have left it at work.(That stupid thought would come back to bite me). I take a look around at work and come up with nothing. So I hope back into the ute to have another look at home for it. But along the way..A 04 pulsar crashed into the back side of my ute while in traffic. I could'nt belive it, I was having one of those days I thought. The next thing that happend , the driver of the car infront of me hops out to have a look at the damage of her car. Great I thought I have just been sandwhiched I get out to have a looksie, everything seems fine. The other driver said "does'nt look like there is any damage", I have a close look then confirm this, "nah there is'nt any" She hops back into her car and off to work she goes.I then turn around to see a war zone of scatterd car parts all over the road I then notice that the drivers side rear wheel guard is bowed out like a ricer wide body kit I reluctanly make my way to the end of the ute, I see that the pulsar is completely smashed up, the driver hops out and say's " it won't start, im going have to get it towed", oh well I thought to my self. Then I turn and look at the tailgate....there what seemed to be no damage at all, if it wern't for the wide body kit I got you would'nt be able to tell it was smashed into. so we do the exchange details ect, then I leave on my home again.Built Ford Tough I had another search for the Flash Tuner, and there it is ontop on the stero speaker.I throw into the cabin, then get some screw drivers and pull the stone guard off the wheel well as it was rubbing on the tyre. As it's still drive-able, I make my way to AutoTechI eventually got there, but the stress :wacko:
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 23d Posted 18/01/07 06:03 AM Author Posted 18/01/07 06:03 AM Sounds like quite a DRAMA ...was the tune and new clutch good though?Did you ever hear back from the Pulsar with the "Ricer wide body kit"? - Daniel
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now